PDA

View Full Version : ECU wiring diagram ?

RS8
March 2nd, 2015, 07:58
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one for the engine ECU on the RS6 C5?

I want to know where each pin goes to:
Pin 1 =
Pin 2 =
Pin 3 =
Pin 4 =

MattYorke
March 2nd, 2015, 10:48
Have a read here (http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0). You'll need to register to download the docs, but this should certainly get you started.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one for the engine ECU on the RS6 C5?

I want to know where each pin goes to:
Pin 1 =
Pin 2 =
Pin 3 =
Pin 4 =

RS8
March 2nd, 2015, 10:57
That's for Audi S4 and it does not match my Rs6 ecu.

MattYorke
March 2nd, 2015, 12:01
That was why I said "Get you started" - but I did expect both the S4 and the RS6 to use a similar motronic ecu with the same plug and much of the same connector pinouts on the front. Is this not the case?

RS8
March 2nd, 2015, 12:38
I used this S4 wiring diagram once before, but then it sued very bad so now I want to get hold of one that is too RS6.

Dmb408
March 2nd, 2015, 13:52
The back of the Bentley manuals have wiring diagrams...would they have it for the ECU? If I remember I'll look tonight or I'll spur someone else here to tell me I'm wrong and it's not in there.

nene
March 3rd, 2015, 02:29
Put the information you wanted on the following PDF (http://www.htms.org/img/nene/RS6ECUWiringDiagram.pdf).
I know it says A6 at the top of the PDF page, but the diagram from Bentley says it is for the RS6 ECU. There were various pages for the different pins, but you were only asking for pins 1-to-4.
Hope this helps.

RS8
March 3rd, 2015, 17:34
Haha
NO. I want to know all pins on the ECU not only 1-4,
but I don't want that sort of wiring diagram, I want the ECU pin layout.

Look at pictures on Google if you serch for "ecu pin layout" then you understand what I mean.
Do you have that in the Bentley manual?

Korben007
March 4th, 2015, 00:47
i went through the diagrams and did it all by hand writing when i was doing my swap. I was more interested in the plenum plugs to interface with the car. The ECU is pretty standard to most ME7.1 Cars.

RS8
March 4th, 2015, 17:34
One thing I can not find now is on which pin the ecu takes the information of the oil temperature?
If I follow the wiring diagram from the oil sender it goes only to the instrument cluster, so how can the motronic ecu get the information?

In the S4 wiring diagram I can find egt, air temp and water temp but not the oil temp?