PDA

View Full Version : Rent/borrow a tcu from anyone?

Fastguy
February 25th, 2015, 23:58
Just wondering if anyone has a spare or dormant tcu lying around I could use for about 5 minutes? I posted to wtb but figured I'd ask here too. I'd be happy to buy it if it's the issue but I just need to test one last time before the car is off to tozo.

ben916
February 26th, 2015, 18:42
might help if you post your location in your profile so others know where you "patrol" or "PREY"

Fastguy
February 26th, 2015, 18:57
sorry, i'll see if i can figure out how to put it in my profile but it's the chicago/milwaukee area

DonS
February 28th, 2015, 18:22
sorry, i'll see if i can figure out how to put it in my profile but it's the chicago/milwaukee area

I'm in Madison. Drive on over and we can try mine in your car. Mine has the MTM chip. I've always wanted to try a stock one back-to-back to see the differences. This could be fun!

Drop me a PM with your name and number.

Fastguy
February 28th, 2015, 19:21
I would love to but the car is stuck in the garage right now. Can't drive it anywhere. I broke down and purchased one online. Should know by Monday if this is the issue. If it isn't I'll be hauling the car to tozo probably end of next week. Fingers crossed.

DonS
February 28th, 2015, 21:28
What codes are you generating? What are the symptoms? Is there a thread for the issue?

I wish you were in Madison so I could cruise right over.

Fastguy
February 28th, 2015, 22:51
Yep; four pages worth here: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31903-tcu-replaced-think-transmission-is-shot

DonS
March 1st, 2015, 01:35
Yep; four pages worth here: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31903-tcu-replaced-think-transmission-is-shot

Yikes. At least you are in good hands...

alrightroad
March 1st, 2015, 02:41
If you still need, I have an extra stock TCU you can borrow. send me PM with email address. easier for me to communicate that way...

-eric

Fastguy
March 1st, 2015, 03:51
Thank you very much for the offer. I got a little impatient and went ahead and purchased a used one from a partout. If, however, there is something wrong with that one as well, I will return it to the seller and be back at square one. If I plug this next one in, and I can read it fine, and I still have the same trans symptoms, it's time for it to go to someone like tozo who can hopefully accurately diagnose it.