PDA

View Full Version : Driver side mirror is yellow

Cmnair
February 8th, 2015, 22:38
Has anyone had this issue? I am thinking it could be the autodimming feature messing up. Did all C5 RS6s come with heated mirrors as well?
thanks

lswing
February 8th, 2015, 23:12
Heated mirrors standard. Turn on with rear defrost button? No yellow here, guessing it was replaced with wrong glass?

hahnmgh63
February 9th, 2015, 00:10
Yes, all in N. America at least came with heated mirrors and Anti-dazzle feature. If you are talking about a spot starting to delaminate internally and turn yellow then yes, that does occasionally happen to heated mirrors.

Cmnair
February 9th, 2015, 00:39
The whole mirror seems to be uniformly yellow .....almost like a yellow tint, more yellowish vs actual yellow.

UrS6
February 9th, 2015, 01:22
The whole mirror seems to be uniformly yellow .....almost like a yellow tint, more yellowish vs actual yellow.
Same problem here. Noticed it after my car was at the mechanic for months. At first I thought maybe I just hadn't driven it in a while. But it's pretty noticeable

nistah
February 9th, 2015, 08:02
My drivers side is yellow tint also, I thought mine was like this b/c it's a canadian model. It does not bother me that much

Cmnair
February 9th, 2015, 11:13
Maybe it is a "feature" for us in the Northeast :). The mirror is not blurry so I can live with it I guess.

lswing
February 9th, 2015, 12:38
Sure, blame it on Canadiens. First Poutine, now yellow mirrors...

mrdave
February 9th, 2015, 15:24
Maybe this is normal? I asked the same question a while ago: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25668-side-mirror-glass-different

Bigglezworth
February 9th, 2015, 15:52
The car I purchased just over a year ago has gold mirrors too. Drives me nuts and then some as around the edges the image "ghosts" and makes anything viewed in the mirror look like it's shadowing. The other two cars I have here are clear... That said, neither of those two cars defrost the ice off them in winter....

lswing
February 9th, 2015, 15:58
Mine both defrost, both blueish clear. Was a year or so ago though. More recently had the Dodge truck freeze over, confirmed in manual that heated mirrors come on with rear defrost button.

Cmnair
February 9th, 2015, 17:34
The defrost function seems to work...I had a chance to test it out in the ice box called NY this morning :) So I am assuming no fixes?

hahnmgh63
February 10th, 2015, 01:06
I have the Euro mirrors Aspherical mirrors on my car but the originals in the box, I'll pull them out and take a look at them tonight.

Cmnair
February 10th, 2015, 01:15
Thank you

I have the Euro mirrors Aspherical mirrors on my car but the originals in the box, I'll pull them out and take a look at them tonight.