PDA

View Full Version : Back on the crazy train!

papadoc
February 6th, 2015, 04:55
Pulled the trigger and picked up a local car, lived its entire life in the East Bay of San Francisco. Black with blacked out chrome parts (+/- on that), Level 10 trans and TC rebuild by Griffin Motorwerks, Koni yellows DRC replacement, all service plus timing belt recent, interior spotless, has Eclipse head unit with nav and Sirius, new tires. Clean Carfax, body perfect. 113k miles, with about 15K on the trans rebuild and only 2K on the Konis. DRC lasted until 111K, probably the longest I have heard. $21k. And yes, I know what I am biting off ;-)

DHall1
February 6th, 2015, 05:06
What took so long! I must say the stars are back in order.

Max.......q ozzie

http://youtu.be/Sp3yO7jVzn4

lswing
February 6th, 2015, 05:07
Nicely done! When does the boy take it for a spin? Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like a great find and price, cool.

Bigglezworth
February 6th, 2015, 05:20
DRC lasted until 111K, probably the longest I have heardGotcha beat. 220K on the DRC that was still good the day it was removed and replaced with the Gen2 struts.... :)

Safer travels with this ride.

MaxRS6
February 6th, 2015, 12:09
Papa!!

Welcome back aboard THE

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

JayB
February 6th, 2015, 15:45
Well done! Looks like a great pickup!

papadoc
February 7th, 2015, 06:14
Thanks, friends, happy to be back in Black. Spent a good bit of time considering options after the remains of my original RS6 went to the desert, and came to the conclusion that I just had to find the right next one. My son by the way had driven my previous one quite a bit and he knows that it was a boneheaded move when he totaled it. I threatened him with a Yaris for his ride when back from college, but I will likely let him back in the seat at times. Amazing to hear that your DRC went 220K, Bigglez, THAT must be the record. Frankly, it is all of the knowledge and good fun on this board, coupled with probably the best vehicle $21k can buy, that sealed the deal. Though a base Yaris is cheaper...

BuffaloRS6
February 7th, 2015, 21:13
Nice Hardwin. I wish we could've worked something out for mine, but the logistics and distance just didn't work. Glad you could work out a deal with that local car. I've dropped the price on mine to $19,500.

papadoc
February 9th, 2015, 06:15
Andy, I know you have a sweet ride out there, and I hope the right buyer steps up. Also hope you aren't in a rush. Might very well have picked up your car if you had been out West. But before you sell, be sure you realize what you are giving up!

RS2racer
February 9th, 2015, 23:04
It's always good to come home again so to speak. Been in and out of both S cars and a few M cars in my time so I know the feeling. Sounds like you got a good one with the Level10 unit and I'd rather have Koni's than working DRC myself.

Cheers !

Primo
February 12th, 2015, 10:09
Welcome back, some more pictures would be appreciated! ;)