PDA

View Full Version : Gone she is now....

mik15
February 2nd, 2015, 05:29
well, no. 2 C5 RS6 has now departed to a new owner, unfortunately i don't think he is such a petrolhead as we here are but at least he paid for it :)

have taken the plunge and bought a replacement, a C6 RS6, i just had to have it, might not feel as special as the C5 did but with all due respect and as much as i loved my C5 got to say that the C6 is better in every way.

so, good bye my beloved C5 RS6

http://i60.tinypic.com/15nnasx.jpg

and welcome all mighty C6 RS6 :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mh6hed.jpg

Ruergard
February 2nd, 2015, 06:22
Congratulations!

The C6 looks awesome.. :thumb:

mik15
February 2nd, 2015, 08:03
thank you!

it does, just got back from parking after staring at it for a few minutes while having a croissant next to it... :), used to do that as well with the C5, both have really nice shapes, however the C5 does have a sexier ass :)

lswing
February 2nd, 2015, 13:46
Very nice! I'm sure the interior luxury and extra power goes a long way.

MaxRS6
February 2nd, 2015, 13:50
Congrats!

bakes
February 2nd, 2015, 15:35
if I were ever to sell my C5 the C6 is the best choice around (not that it is a choice for us North American folks :-( )!!!! Congrats!

CBeau
February 2nd, 2015, 18:20
I like that Peugeot parked next to the C5!! Not to threadjack, but that's something you won't see stateside.

What model is that? Looks SL/SLKish from that angle.

v8a6
February 2nd, 2015, 18:41
Beautiful car and nice upgrade!

BuffaloRS6
February 3rd, 2015, 04:30
IMO the C5 RS6 blows the C6 RS6 out of the water in the looks department. Even at 12 years old, the C5 RS6 is one if the best looking cars on the road. C6 just looks like every other Audi except for the RS badge. Nice upgrade for sure, I just wish Audi would've went to greater lengths to make the C6 stand out more.

TMAC
February 3rd, 2015, 16:09
Congrats

mik15
February 4th, 2015, 11:13
it is maybe a bit more understated for the non-petrolhead guy, but then again i think so was the C5, they both have flared arches, albeit more pronounced on the C5, however all A6 C5 range from 4.2 upwards had flared arches so not that special after all, at least on the C6 range only the RS6 came with it. I agree too that C5 is special and i wish i could kept both, however, as i said, the C6 beats hands down in every category without even giving a chance to C5, except for the exhaust sound which is indeed better.

v8a6
February 4th, 2015, 17:08
LOL, yeah, it is definitely a funny 'opinion'.

The C5 RS6 shares the same fenders, front and rear doors, headlights, tail lights, hood, trunk (minus spoiler) with the lowly A6 4.2.

The C6 RS6 only shares the front doors and hood A6 or S6. Every other body panel is different.

And, you can easily swap the C5 RS6 parts to a C5 A6 4.2 and make it look exactly like an RS6. Most of them bolt right up. Not so on the C6. Everything requires significant custom modification to install RS6 body parts on a C6 A6/S6.

So to say that Audi should have done more to make the C6 RS6 stand out is really laughable.

And to say the C5 RS6 "blows the C6 RS6 out of the water in the looks department" is another joke. We don't have the C6 RS6 in North America, and I have never seen one in person. But here is a side by side comparison of an C6 S6 (that is available here) and a C5 RS6

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb11877241/p4pb11877241.jpg

They are both lowered with aftermarket wheels. There is no way you can say with a straight face that the C5 blows the C6 out of the water in the looks department. That is like saying Rosie O'donell blows Jennifer Lawrence out of the water in the looks department, because she stands out more and has bigger flares. LOL

I am not saying the C5 is an ugly car. But be realistic. When I guy shows up with a brand new C6 RS6, the last thing you would expect to hear is that it looks like a piece of junk compared to a ten year old, dated Audi.

Cmnair
February 4th, 2015, 17:36
That is BuffaloRS6's C5 RS6 in the picture you showed :)

v8a6
February 4th, 2015, 17:42
That is BuffaloRS6's C5 RS6 in the picture you showed :)

Oh, really? I didn't even notice that ;)

Cmnair
February 4th, 2015, 17:50
Yup it is for sale I think

mik15
February 4th, 2015, 17:56
here you may see the arches a bit better, these are a la ur-quattro arches

http://i59.tinypic.com/2jfzod0.jpg

but for me the best part is this, absolutely fantastic seats, comfortable on long journeys and super supportive at the same time, and bolsters are adjustable so you can have the seat to wrap you as tight as you want :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/1zxab79.jpg

v8a6
February 4th, 2015, 18:00
The interior on your car is insane!

What a beautiful car.

Turbowned
February 4th, 2015, 22:56
Congratulations! If they only offered the C6 RS6 here in the U.S.A... One of my favorites!

fukinavit
February 22nd, 2015, 15:39
congrats on the new wheels, sure is a sweet ride and with that v10 power. The interior definitely is an improvement but I agree with the others on the exterior and think the C5 has the styling even after all this time, all the newer cars just look alike.

Bigglezworth
February 22nd, 2015, 16:00
They are both lowered with aftermarket wheels. There is no way you can say with a straight face that the C5 blows the C6 out of the water in the looks department. That is like saying Rosie O'donell blows Jennifer Lawrence out of the water in the looks department, because she stands out more and has bigger flares. LOL

I am not saying the C5 is an ugly car. But be realistic. When I guy shows up with a brand new C6 RS6, the last thing you would expect to hear is that it looks like a piece of junk compared to a ten year old, dated Audi.Subjective. This is like saying the C7 Z06 'Corvero' looks better than the C6 ZO6. Not on your life. The C6 platform is bloated - period.

We do have the S6 in North America and because of the manner in which Audi strives to make everything look the same, the C6 RS6 doesn't have enough styling queues to separate it well from its younger brother. The C5 will always look better IMO due to wheel arches bumper treatments, etc. Anyone can alter ride height and bolt on a different set of wheels that floats their boat, but few can alter the hard codes items. I'd put money on the C5 coming out well on top for personal preference styling wise compared with the C6. Now the C7 on the other hand - totally different story.

Fonzie Audi
February 22nd, 2015, 16:46
Congrats on the C6.

I would agree the car doesn't visually portray the aggression I prefer in an RS model, but that motor just about makes up for it.

Now if they would only bring the C7 RS6 to the states, avant or not.. I would be happy. Not much of an A/S/RS7 body style guy.

nene
February 22nd, 2015, 19:39
Gorgeous sample you have there @mik15. Nice trade up.

Turbowned
February 24th, 2015, 01:18
Nobody knows the C5 RS6 is an RS6 without reading the badges, either. Who cares? I like the sleeper demeanor of our cars. I don't have $#!theads trying to race me at every stoplight.

mik15
February 24th, 2015, 05:47
the C5 has that special sauce which i can't really find it in the C6, yet at least, i don't know why, maybe because the C6 is so good at what it does, maybe because life with the C5 was made up of ups and downs so it somehow created that ownership experience, but i can agree that when looking at the C5 i can't help myself saying that is a beautiful car.

lswing
February 24th, 2015, 14:10
Nobody knows the C5 RS6 is an RS6 without reading the badges, either. Who cares? I like the sleeper demeanor of our cars. I don't have $#!theads trying to race me at every stoplight.

They may not know it's an RS6, and most don't know anyhow. What is known is that it's a bolder stouter car with nicer front mesh bumper, rear oval dual exhaust, nicer body trim and style overall. I try and race the sh!theads:)

lswing
February 24th, 2015, 14:12
the C5 has that special sauce which i can't really find it in the C6, yet at least, i don't know why, maybe because the C6 is so good at what it does, maybe because life with the C5 was made up of ups and downs so it somehow created that ownership experience, but i can agree that when looking at the C5 i can't help myself saying that is a beautiful car.

Well said...

I've got a new luxury truck for the fancy new interior stuff, kinda like the RS6 with its dated interior.