PDA

View Full Version : Radio won't turn off after car is off and doors locked????!

makaveli42
February 2nd, 2015, 03:41
So I go to start my car this morning and notice the radio was completely off? I turn it on, everything's fine. Go to the store and turn off the car, open the door, turn off the headlights...the radio stays on?? You can't change channels on it but can adjust the volume? I go in the store (15-20min) come out, unlock the car and the radio is still on and playing?!? So now when I get out I have to make sure to turn the radio completely off?! Is there a button and setting I somehow hit? I don't know what would cause this!? Especially since it was off at the start of the day when I got in the car. Let me know any ideas on what to do!

thanks!

lswing
February 2nd, 2015, 03:59
VAGCOM is great for stuff like this. Sensor is getting funky I would guess.

kruat
February 2nd, 2015, 04:02
Maybe bad door switch? Or ignition swtich. VagCom is your friend.

makaveli42
February 2nd, 2015, 12:28
Will run vagcom tonight after work and post my findings... Didn't even think of that ha

makaveli42
February 2nd, 2015, 17:32
ok, i ran vagcom. this is what i got....i never understand it

Address 56: Radio Labels: 8E0-035-1xx-56.lbl
Part No: 4B0 035 195 N
Component: symphony II NP2 0410
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 00000
VCID: 2B5B01BBD9D4D479EB2-508E

3 Faults Found:
01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
49-00 - No Communications
00466 - Control Module for Steering Column Electronics (J527)
49-00 - No Communications
01042 - Control Module; Not Coded
35-00 - -

any idea on how to fix it or what those codes mean? tried to clear them but that did fix it.

RSoverAll
February 2nd, 2015, 21:47
Looks like a coding issue to me. Coding can be corrected with Vagcom. The radio and the instrument cluster aren't "talking" to one another according to the codes.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01317

--Some good info on these codes also

EINHORN
February 7th, 2015, 23:03
isn't key removal supposed to turn it off? Something to do with ignition?

kruat
February 7th, 2015, 23:14
I was thinking ignition swtich.

makaveli42
February 7th, 2015, 23:23
I clicked on the link and googled some more on how to fix the issue from the codes but couldn't find anything. I just turn it off once I get out and turn it back on when I get back in lol

im not a vagcom wizard so I can't figure out how to use vagcom to fix it.

RSoverAll
February 8th, 2015, 00:50
Hopefully this link will be of more use. Also I think you must have the fully registered version to recode, not 100% sure though. Maybe post an autoscan so we can help diagnose.

How to recode:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/recode_screen.html

How to autoscan:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/autoscan.html

I had an issue a lot like yours when I installed my Rns-e, the unit would not power on or off with the ignition but I could use the radio buttons to change channels/volume etc. After all turns out after a couple coding tries I got it just right, that was all it needed, correct coding.

As far as the ignition switch, these cars use a signal from the instrument panel over the CAN bus to the radio in order to power it on/off. Many other car makes wire a 12V switched source directly to the radio.