PDA

View Full Version : Had to post this

Dmb408
January 27th, 2015, 14:30
It's not mine, don't know the seller, just really cool since half the talk on this board these days is conversions.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4844003764.html

DHall1
January 27th, 2015, 15:39
Crap!

This is one hot S8......hmmmm, I could build a 6sp RS8 with the parts I have in the shop.

Dmb408
January 27th, 2015, 18:14
Yes someone on here should simply... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE

SteveKen
January 27th, 2015, 18:42
Wonder what was the reason for the salvage title?

Without the details of the salvage and how the conversion was done, I think that's pushing the price envelope even if it had a clean title.

Cmnair
January 27th, 2015, 19:44
Yes...don't know what the full story is. That sat on Audizine for a long time at 18K. It does have a salvage title....engine was refreshed as per seller.

kruat
January 28th, 2015, 04:29
It's been for sale for quite awhile. He's been dropping the price, but still pretty high given the bad title. Don't care for the wheels, but love those seats.

mik15
January 28th, 2015, 05:10
that is a nice D2, i had a regular 4.2 D2 and those are amazing cars, better built than the C5 platform, a perfect D2 would have an RS6 C5 engine or a perfect RS6 C5 would have a D2 chassis :)

either would be the perfect mix in my opinion, the stiffness of the AL body is great and makes the whole car feel like built from a block of granite.

and those seats, again, better than the Euro spec Recaro's .

papadoc
January 28th, 2015, 06:58
Car of that age and KBB, doesn't take much to end up with a salvage title, speaking from experience!

Needs nitrous, then ready for Ronin remake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-igbaHBQjHQ

Dmb408
January 28th, 2015, 14:22
I have a buddy that lives in Portland and I know OR has a really strong lemon law whereas if trans or engines are replaced under warranty early in life you get a buyback; maybe that's what this car had? (Granted this is WA, but I figure the two neighbor states might have similar laws.) If that was the only issue then this would be worth it, wonder if those used the same flawed zf 5spd ours did.

hahnmgh63
January 29th, 2015, 02:38
Yea, they used a version of the same trans but then they don't have quite the HP or TQ but they do see a lot of A8/S8 tranny failures. Probably how Tozo started his tranny career??

Bigglezworth
January 29th, 2015, 02:42
I don't get concerned over any car that can consume a tranny at shorter timeframes than average, but at least the A8/S8 tranny can be removed from the bottom without dropping the engine.... The RS6 is the only car I've every owned (or read about for that matter) in which it's near impossible to do from below (without nearly killing yourself doesn't count) and necessitates dropping the entire powerplant just to get a pair of coupling bolts removed....

lswing
January 29th, 2015, 04:54
My mechanic pulled the trans and tc out the bottom, first time, only time, serious pain...

Bigglezworth
January 29th, 2015, 05:02
My mechanic pulled the trans and tc out the bottom, first time, only time, serious pain...Yep, it 'can' be done (and if you're Steve Kendrish - you can do it on your back with engine stands....lol), but by the time you invest the amount of time necessary to pull of such a daring feat, it's time better spent pulling the entire hulk and then you have a nice clean space to work on everything.

RS8
January 29th, 2015, 09:10
I love my RS8.
But it was a lot of work to build the car but if someone wants to build a similar one so I can explain everything that must be done.

Cmnair
January 29th, 2015, 16:08
I love my RS8.
But it was a lot of work to build the car but if someone wants to build a similar one so I can explain everything that must be done.

Nice...can you post some pictures?

RS8
January 29th, 2015, 16:17
Nice...can you post some pictures?

You have some pictures and a lot of info here:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31600-How-fast-is-your-RS6-from-100-200km-h-62-124mph/page2

ttboost
January 30th, 2015, 00:49
The better of the older S8's....Someone here needs to give him $10k for it, and then build a TT kit for it...Tim?

Bigglezworth
January 30th, 2015, 01:02
The better of the older S8's....Someone here needs to give him $10k for it, and then build a TT kit for it...Tim?
If I had two less beasts here, I would be all over this. Putting a pair of cars up for sale in a couple of weeks here, so who knows.... lol

Turbowned
January 31st, 2015, 16:26
That car looks fantastic! All the right parts and right style. Seller should post an explanation for the salvage title; it would help with the sale.