PDA

View Full Version : RS6 and Schroth belts

StealthSix
January 27th, 2004, 18:42
:incar: Has anyone put them in an RS6?

Erik
January 27th, 2004, 18:52
Perhaps not Schort, but I've seen the in an RS4 with backseat folded down.

I guess you mean harness 4 like this?
http://www.soloracer.com/schroth.html

nene
January 27th, 2004, 19:19
I don't believe both things belong in the same sentence, unless you use the RS6 for tracking. Most owners don't do this.

StealthSix
January 27th, 2004, 20:30
Mostly Audi club "driving school events"
Have just done a club event at Thunderhill and am hoping to go to Laguna Seca this coming weekend.

We are looking forward to events in other locations (Audi Club)

A factor in deciding is my size. I weigh over 300lbs and like to be cinched in. I liked the idea that we could hide/remove the belts between events.

Bauer responded that they were easy to install and liked them.

The Ralley 4 works with the Audi system and lets the electronics know you are sitting in the seat, which activates properly the pretensioner and the "bags" in the event of an accident. (so says mike the owner of hmsmotorsports)

:addict: Terry

Bauer
January 27th, 2004, 23:10
Terry-

If you have any problems installing them I could help you down at Laguna. Took all of about 15 min and 17m socket and wrench. Good luck.

JP4
January 28th, 2004, 02:05
Originally posted by StealthSix
:incar: Has anyone put them in an RS6?

Yup! They work great. Easy to install. Cause no damage to the car. And you can make the harnesses virtually disappear when using the regular belts without removing them. If needed or necessary they can be removed without any evidence that they were ever installed.

JP4 :incar:

jimmy94507
January 28th, 2004, 04:24
Will try mine out this weekend at Laguna!

JP4
January 28th, 2004, 04:32
Originally posted by jimmy94507
Will try mine out this weekend at Laguna!

I think you'll find that when you're being held securely in your seat by the harness and seat, control will be easier. Because you can relax your grip a bit on the steering wheel and just use the wheel for directional control and not to help keep your body from moving around in the seat.

I apologize for stating the obvious if you've used a harness before but maybe others may benefit.