PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist water/meth questions!

RS8
January 11th, 2015, 16:18
If I want an aquamist system for my RS6 C5 engine what do I need to buy?

Is it this kit that is for our cars: HFS3-v3 ?
Do I need to buy something more? one extra jet? watertank? or what is missing?

which size of jets do I need that will work for 650 ps?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I will probably not use methanol because of the price and problem to buy it, so either I will use 100% water or water/E85 mix, anyone here using that in RS6?

And how big water tank will I need? I use my car on the race track so will 5 litres=1.3 gallon be enough for 15 minutes hard driving?

RS8
January 18th, 2015, 16:03
Can someone at least tell us which size on the jets I should buy for 650hp?
and or if HFS3 is the correct model for RS6 C5 ?

HFS3 model has the best price:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/compare-4.pdf

lswing
January 18th, 2015, 16:36
DevilSown site has an engine calculator for max nozzle flow. Just us that. If you go too big you'll bog down, and just turn it down or get smaller nozzles. Fairly cheap and easy.

RS8
January 18th, 2015, 17:21
DevilSown site has an engine calculator for max nozzle flow. Just us that. If you go too big you'll bog down, and just turn it down or get smaller nozzles. Fairly cheap and easy.

It says 17 ????

So what does that mean? and how do I convert that to aquamist?

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-3xx-0-4-to-1-2mm-atomising-jet-for-4mm-hose-r/

ttboost
January 18th, 2015, 17:25
You can use any meth kit, they are all generic, although Aquamist is the best IMO. Buying a kit or jets for a specific HP is very misleading. You really should install the kit and then head to a dyno, with a fistful of nozzles. It also depends whether you are spraying 100% meth or a mixture of meth and water. I seem to recall using 1.0 or .9 nozzles for my Aquamist kit when I was spraying 100% meth, and tuned for it.

lswing
January 18th, 2015, 17:48
It says 17 ????

So what does that mean? and how do I convert that to aquamist?

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-3xx-0-4-to-1-2mm-atomising-jet-for-4mm-hose-r/

You can search a way to convert the numbers between the two, each company uses a different measurement for spray amount as you've seen. The calculator is based of engine displacement and boost. I got 10, and two D05 nozzles is more than enough for my application....

RS8
January 18th, 2015, 17:48
okay, thanks!

Does anyone use aquamist on RS6 C5 ?

na1mt
January 18th, 2015, 18:29
I will sell you my kit. I have the AquaMist with the DD-3 gauge/controller. You can either use your winshield washer tank, or I have an AEM tank that I could include. Setup was on my NSX, but not using it any longer. Let me know if you are interested.

RS8
January 19th, 2015, 08:53
I will sell you my kit. I have the AquaMist with the DD-3 gauge/controller. You can either use your winshield washer tank, or I have an AEM tank that I could include. Setup was on my NSX, but not using it any longer. Let me know if you are interested.

I guess it's not HFS3-v3 system you have?
So what is the name on yours?

na1mt
January 19th, 2015, 22:10
HSF3........it's several years old now. It was about $1k when I bought it

RS8
January 20th, 2015, 09:33
I got this information about the difference on the old you have and the new v3

"We have made quite a bit of improvement on the v3 electronically. Some examples: 3-flow tables, 2 and 3 bar map sensor and DI decoder. "