PDA

View Full Version : Beast arrived

midwest1275
December 31st, 2014, 07:30
So Santa finally dropped off my Xmas present. The truck pulled up from Minnesota and brought it right to my condo in Los Angeles. Visually, I was more than satisfied: Ebony Pearl, white leather, VMR wheels w/spacers, 53K miles, clean title, 3 year warranty, SE exhaust, clean body, and I bought it for $22,250. Unfortunately, the tech (@ Audi of Minneapolis) that did the leak down test dropped a spark plug and reinstalled it w/crack. Number 2 cyl was not firing. The car had the engine light on and had the power of an A6. I got an appt at Raven Motorsports in Long Beach right away. They diagnosed the problem and fixed it fast. They do great work, are really knowledgeable on the RS6 (shop car on hoist is a 6 speed manual RS6), and prices are real fair. They replaced a few leaky vacuum hoses that were throwing codes as well and put in all new plugs. Pulled out of the shop, hit the gas, and got the acceleration I bought the car for. Pulls reeeeal hard now. Inspecting the underbody showed no body rot, but the midwest winters appear to have crusted over most nuts and bolts down there. Wrenching bolts below will probably be a pain. Found a small leak in the right side radiator behind the intercooler that appears to have sealed itself. Otherwise the car came ready to go: new engine oil, air filter, cabin filter, brake fluid, CV boots, spark plugs, and almost new tires. Brake pads and rotors have decent amount of meat left, but the front rotors are a little warped. I have a Kenwood stereo system w/nav that will go in this Fri w/dynamat, amp separates, and sub. They will hardwire my Valentine one radar too. DRC was completed 15k ago, is tight, feels good, no leaks. 35k service was done, timing belt taken care of. Tranny shifts are solid, no slipping. Gas mileage is ridiculous. If my office and commute wasn't less than a mile I never would have bought this car. Thirrrrrsstttyyyyy. Pretty happy with it so far.

s8prtotype
December 31st, 2014, 08:14
Stay away from those parking curbs! ahaha

Got our cars on the same day, awesome! My 3 hour drive home in it with a few sprints actually got decent mileage. But I'm also close to work so we'll see how that goes.

lswing
December 31st, 2014, 13:25
Very nice, good to have a great shop nearby, necessary really. Almost sure we surfaced my rotors 10k ago and added new pads, and they are just fine, an option to get some more miles. If tuned, or not sometimes, the trans won't go until it's gone...meaning all is well until the first slip, then gone for good soon after. I just try and stay off too many WOT 1-2-3 shifts:) Yep, for years now my city mileage has been ~11mpg, and I was 2 miles from the office, perfect. Cheers on the nice ride!