PDA

View Full Version : Well it's official, I'm the new caregiver for 905341

s8prtotype
December 31st, 2014, 02:00
Just got back from the guys over at LW Automotive in PA, Excellent car lot and they have great customer service and a fine selection of euro hotrods.

They gave me a steal as I paid cash, great customer service and willing to work with you... I was deadset on another one in Avus, (dealer sucked) but blue is what I really wanted and although I really wanted the warm weather package and the black exhaust, I heard the solar was just a pain to deal with in the cold and the exhaust I can do myself. The car had everything else I wanted including Carbon, 2 tone interior, and I got lucky with coilovers, (red springs, anyone know the make?) bigger sway bars and factory rns-e already installed.

Miles are at 149, but an audi dealer has had it serviced it's whole life, even up until a few thousand miles ago (I think it was an oil change as it looked good on he stick and was perfect.) it's a 1 owner car as well, looks like he spared no expense as even all the soft touch buttons inside are in awesome shape. Then eventually traded it in at Mercedes...

I think I'll be doing a timing belt soon as it's now due again, it also needs rotors/pads but I'm ok with doing all this at the price I got the car for. :)

Back in 08 it had all this done:

Oil and filter changed
Engine removed to complete repair
Engine cleaned
Battery/charging system checked
Engine oil cooler replaced/repaired
Torque converter replaced
Alignment performed
Two wheel alignment performed
A/C refrigerant recharged
Headlight(s) replaced

And also a bunch of other dealer visits, list was pretty long... So I HOPE the tranny holds for awhile :)

Going to check later to see if it has a tranny tune at all yet, That would ease my mind a little as it's supposed to help the tranny live longer.

Anyway, the car is clean, I simply couldn't pass it up. I'll be doing a full correction on it as soon as I can to remove all the swirls I know are there :)

It's a rocket, and i'm happy with it right now. Looking forward to refreshing it. :)

lswing
December 31st, 2014, 03:01
Very nice, enjoy!

DHall1
December 31st, 2014, 06:11
Guess who owned this one?

Oh they are H&R coilovers

s8prtotype
December 31st, 2014, 06:20
Well i'd surely like to know....

DHall1
December 31st, 2014, 06:23
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24428-3k-service-I-mean-3k-service?highlight=

Long term member. You will only need upper 2 rollers and timing belt on this change. And tstat...use oem only.

Happy New Year

s8prtotype
December 31st, 2014, 06:34
THANK YOU! Makes me feel so much better about this car. Glad it remained on the forum :)

midwest1275
December 31st, 2014, 08:05
Love the Blue/White color combo. The best, in my opinion. I looked long and hard for one w that color combo w/ low miles but couldn't find one. I went for a Black/White w/ my RS6, but mainly jumped on it for the warranty/53k miles. Yours looks great for 149K, somebody took good care of her.

LIRS6
December 31st, 2014, 15:37
Well i'd surely like to know....

RAISES HAND. No tranny tune - TC replaced at 49k. NEVER had any other tranny issues. I treated this car like a new-born for 10+ years... always waited for engine oil to warm up before prompting turbos to kick in. The dimple above the gas filler door is from a baseball when a little league player fouled a ball off of a fence, and i painfully watched in bounce along the parking lot until it contacted my (your) beast. Argh! No body work nor re-painting of any kind. If the sunroof doesn't retract - it gets fussy sometimes - use the key in the driver's door technique to close it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did ... it was just time for a change, for me (GL550)

Oh...the coilovers are H&R - they replaced Stasis which had replaced the crappy DRC ... and it never saw an auto car wash

s8prtotype
December 31st, 2014, 17:08
Thank you for being a great first owner! I plan to keep her going the same way :)

Turbowned
January 2nd, 2015, 01:14
Congrats, it's nice to see that the car will go from one caring owner to the next!

mik15
January 2nd, 2015, 20:04
congrats, you've got a really nice one and one that has been taken care of during its life, is always good to know it had a careful owner before you. Enjoy it!!! :)

TMAC
January 4th, 2015, 03:31
Congrats from another new RS6 owner

nistah
January 4th, 2015, 15:52
Welcome to the board , enjoy your new beast!