PDA

View Full Version : on lots of parts for my engine is out, where from?

peiserg
December 17th, 2014, 01:15
doesn't necessarily have to be Audi brand parts....as long as the manufacturer is known for making quality aftermarket. Where do you guys typically get your stuff from?

December 17th, 2014, 18:17
Genuine Audi in San Diego.

hahnmgh63
December 17th, 2014, 18:53
Yea, if you want OEM parts then go with Genuine www.genuineaudiparts.com Other than that I use www.autohausaz.com for Bosch and other OEM supplier stuff. Sometimes if I know the Bosch or other manufacturers part numbers I'll just search them and buy off Amazon.

Turbowned
December 17th, 2014, 19:17
europaparts.com
fcpeuro.com
034motorsport.com
rockauto.com (make sure to Google coupon codes; you can always save a few extra percent)

Be cautious with RockAuto. They have the lowest prices around and arguably the best brand selection, but it can be difficult to discern exactly what fits and what doesn't. I ordered plugs, fuel filter, trans filter, air and cabin filters, outer tie rod end and coolant temp sensor from them in the past year. The tie rod end worked but it wasn't quite the same design as the original. (I intend on replacing it in the near future when I do the inners). The aftermarket coolant temp sensor looked exactly like the original except it was too large in circumference and wouldn't fit; had to go to the dealer for that one. Everything else worked as it should.

bethridg
December 18th, 2014, 19:23
shokan.com (salvage, can be pricey)
ecstuning.com
ebay

Recently replaced the power steering pump. Reman from the OE distributors above wanted ~$460. Rockauto had it listed at $130 + core so I took a chance. Markings (ZF) on the replacement unit were identical to original pump. As Turbowned mentioned, sometimes its difficult to know exactly what you are getting from Rockauto even with pictures. Still a great source.

EINHORN
December 19th, 2014, 00:52
force5auto salvage occasional rs6

Blauparts good kits