PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance (split thread)

Aronis
January 26th, 2004, 20:06
I am paying 186 per month for TWO cars...

My rates actually went down when I got my RS 6 and turned in my A6 4.2, figure that one out!

Mike

bilbozilla
January 26th, 2004, 21:22
My rates dropped also from a TT Roadster (Audi, not Porsche TT :)) to the RS6. What do these guys know that we don't?

Aronis
January 26th, 2004, 21:33
The items listed included a "Discount" for a new car, if you can believe that one!

Also, good driving record, etc.

Did get pulled over this past weekend, for using my cell phone! D'ooh. I was on the phone with the Hospital for emergency call! He let me off.

You know how distracted you can get holding your hand to your face after VOICED Dialing you cell phone - oh wait that is just like holding the Mic to your face while talking on your police radio, strange coincidence....clearly they have ESP and can hand such a distraction - NOT....

Mike

romac
January 27th, 2004, 01:16
$594 for 6 months at Progressive with $500 deductible. I had to get a new insuror as my current company would not cover a performance car, unless I could show 2 years of clean driving for an equivalent vehicle. Never mind that I have nothing on my record for the past 10 years (did I just jinx myself?!?!). Also they would not insure it if there were drivers under 21 on the policy, even if they were expressly excluded. Flip side is that they only are charging $1400/yr total for my other 2 cars, so I can't really complain.

Bauer
January 27th, 2004, 03:26
I am paying about 135$ a month for the RS6 and about a $100 a month for our S8. Clean driving record for 10 yrs for both my wife and I....I suspect we are paying a little more for our age group 32 and 30. Farmers Ins with just about every discount since we have everything with them....still seems a little high though. :cheers:

nyrs6
January 27th, 2004, 23:26
anybody from NY or NJ and how much u are paying for insurance on are beast.

sturs6
January 28th, 2004, 13:11
I do not have insurance I am taking my chances... :hihi: :hihi: :addict:

JA
January 28th, 2004, 16:56
Paying apprx 2250/annum in Manhattan for insurance on my new RS6.

sturs6
January 28th, 2004, 17:31
I am paying 1000 dollar/year or something like that.

Dark Knight
January 29th, 2004, 14:17
For Pennsylvania: I put the car in the wife's name so it could go on her insurance policy, which is with Chubb, so we get multiple car discount. Paying $1300 a year for the RS6 with $500 deductible and full blown coverage -- don't know how Chubb stays in business!

I'd love to hear how much someone in the Commy state of NJ is paying :)

highrustler
January 29th, 2004, 17:27
ROMAC:

I saw your post and decided to call Progressive. Best call I've made in long time! By switching the A4 3.0 and RS6 from my local State Farm to Progressive I was able to save a whopping $1831.60 annually! That is simply unbelievable and I owe you a big thanks!

Best,
James

:roll:

sturs6
January 29th, 2004, 19:35
Highrustler wrote:
Best call I've made in long time! By switching the A4 3.0 and RS6 from my local State Farm to Progressive I was able to save a whopping $1831.60 annually! That is simply unbelievable and I owe you a big thanks!
This my friends is what makes this site so great. It helps RS6 owners out in many areas. $1831 anually is a great savings.
Thank you ROMAC you help make this site what it is and thanks to all the members.
:cheers: :addict:

Erik
January 29th, 2004, 21:18
Originally posted by highrustler
I was able to save a whopping $1831.60 annually!

WOW! :cheers:

Nice to see the forum being a help. This exceeds my hoping.

romac
January 30th, 2004, 02:48
While I appreciate the kudo's, the credit goes to my Erie insurance agent who handles my Home/ other Auto policies. They were very apologetic about not being able to add the car to my existing policy, and recommended Progressive. The only concern I have with Progressive is the 6 month rate, vs annual rate. They assured me that if my record remained unchanged, there should be little/no change in the premium. I'll let you know what happens in April, when the renewal should arrive.