View Full Version : Dubai - december 2014

Erik
December 9th, 2014, 07:21
I am now in Dubai for a week or so.

Any RS6 owners in Dubai?

What's on and worth doing and seeing?

lswing
December 9th, 2014, 23:42
Don't they have that amazing F1 track there? Cheers!

mik15
December 10th, 2014, 04:39
that's here in Abu Dhabi, the Yas Marina Circuit. This weekend will host the 12hrs race so if you want to come by give me a shout and we can meet. We have a go-karting planned for this Friday, you're more than welcomed to join us if you want to.

As for visiting, depends what you're into, obviously there is not much of a history around here so old buildings, museums or regular stuff that you usually do somewhere else does not apply, main attraction points are recent luxurious hotels and out of the box designed buildings that these guys have built to put the country on the world map. Otherwise the life here revolves around the malls, which kind of sucks but what else can you do when is +50C outside for about 6 months of the year...now is winter so you can enjoy time outside, try a shisha, a desert safari, dune bashing, water parks, track-days. You could visit the old side of Dubai along the creek, go to Liwa desert and on the way you could drop by the car museum which is actually a car collection of one of the Sheikhs but an interesting one i'd say with a few rarecars such as the Lamborghini SUV, a nice collection of old Mercedes cars, few American muscles. Ferrari World obviously is a nice thing to see, rent an Aston Martin DB and track it on Yas Circuit, they also offer AMG experience, Formula 3000 cars and Clio Sport.

Anyways, if you decide to come to Abu Dhabi give me a shout. I hope you will enjoy your time here :).

Erik
December 12th, 2014, 18:56
Thanks. Just came down from 555 meters, the tallest building in the World.

I'm now in Al Qasr, but will move to Atlantis the Palm tomorrow. I leave on wendnsday.

Have 2 days of hotel unbooked, not sure where to go or perhaps stay at Atlantis.

Have to go to Ferrari World, but don't know which day yet. Crazy expensive here!

Erik
December 12th, 2014, 18:56
Thanks. Just came down from 555 meters, the tallest building in the World.

I'm now in Al Qasr, but will move to Atlantis the Palm tomorrow. I leave on wendnsday.

Have 2 days of hotel unbooked, not sure where to go or perhaps stay at Atlantis.

Have to go to Ferrari World, but don't know which day yet. Crazy expensive here!

Erik
December 12th, 2014, 19:01
Is the race on sunday as well? Looks very interesting! Would love to see some of it.

Their website seems very slow, can't check the details.

midwest1275
December 12th, 2014, 23:13
I was in Dubai a while ago and had a good time. I stayed at the "Address" hotel at the mall. I would highly recommend it. There are some good restaurants and shopping at the mall. I would check out the Souq market next to the mall by the water fountains. There are a lot of tours that I wish I would have done (through the dunes in a land cruiser, helicopter, etc) that were actually not that expensive. There are tour companies in the mall that set you up. If you're at the Atlantis definitely go to the Nobu there, it's impressive/delicious. Keep your eye out for outrageous supercars that are chrome/gold plated. Big money out there. There is a ski/snowboard slope somewhere in Dubai as well. yes a ski slope, it's a massive refrigerator w/ snow and you can go down a small hill inside. Pretty wild. Google the engineering behind building Dubai, it will blow your mind.

Erik
December 13th, 2014, 19:12
In Atlantis now, Nobu done. Love it, tried London and NY as well.