PDA

View Full Version : Rant : A garage is parting out an RS6 with 160, 000km on it. They want $2500 for...

bakes
November 26th, 2014, 20:44
the SE exhaust!

As far as I'm aware the only diff is the end mufflers are different to offer more growl and the SE is in 3 sections while the non SE is one piece. I wished the shop good luck with a message they may have a tough time finding a buyer at that price and they came back to me with a message of saying, 'good lucking finding another one'. This is true as the RS6 is super rare up here but there is no way I'm paying that much!

I'll look at local options for a more open muffler to give my RS some more sound!

na1mt
November 26th, 2014, 23:05
They usually sell for between $500-800

Bigglezworth
November 26th, 2014, 23:51
They usually sell for between $500-800+1 with the higher side of that amount more common. Tell the shop you don't want the titanium model, just the OEM model. If they are still looking to get more than $1K for a used unit, then ask them if the purchase comes with a complimentary reach around....

DHall1
November 27th, 2014, 02:48
I have two mint SE cat back setups avail

lswing
November 27th, 2014, 03:53
The rumble of SE next to stock silvers is a beautiful thing.

Looks like the market has gone up for those...

4everRS
November 27th, 2014, 04:33
That price is just stupid. If they would have told me that, I would have non-jokingly said "no, not the whole car, just the exhaust".

bakes
November 27th, 2014, 05:34

I would love to grab one from you but I'm afraid the shipping would kill the deal (I may be able to get them shipped to a drop box in Detroit and have a friend bring them over for me). Do I need the entire set up to get the sound or is it possible to send just the mufflers? Desparately looking to improve the sound of the beast!!!

mik15
November 27th, 2014, 05:51
i agree that the SE sounds better than the stock silver one, but for that money you can get the Milltek one which is even better than the SE, i've had all 3 of them and definitely the Milletk one is the best and it was less than $2k installed for the non-reseonator one with black tips...

however, i am pretty sure that if on the SE exhaust we remove the middle silencers the sound will be pretty much the same as the Milltek one, it's on my things to do list...again the Milltek might give a better flow given its slightly larger diameter.

bakes
November 27th, 2014, 17:11

Sent you a PM.

lswing
November 27th, 2014, 21:16

You get that dealers license yet?