PDA

View Full Version : Any part-outs? Looking for gently used front brakes

Turbowned
October 31st, 2014, 16:41
As the title states. I feel terrible inquiring about used brakes but funds are very tight at the moment and I need brakes and winter tires within the next month. Need front rotors and pads. Please let me know if you know of anything! I called Autohaus LLC in NJ because they were parting out an RS6 but they refused to even entertain the idea of selling used brake parts; pretty rude over the phone, too. >:-(

Turbowned
November 11th, 2014, 02:43
Probably going to get Zimmermann rotors, *sigh*

bmlee007
November 11th, 2014, 06:26
How soon do you need the rotors? I'm guessing it is for safety inspection in MA? Mine have about 10,000 miles and are in very good condition, but I'm eyeing a set of JHM 2-pce rotors. I had planned on parking the car for the winter when I get back home so it wouldn't be a big deal to send mine out. However, I'm on the road right now, might be home the weekend after next if everything goes as planned.

Turbowned
November 12th, 2014, 04:38
My inspection is due by the end of December but I'm more concerned with the fact that I actually need brakes, lol. I might be willing to wait if you can take them off and ship them out in a couple weeks. I can park the RS and drive the BRZ but I won't be driving the BRZ once snow starts falling, so there is some urgency.

Other_Erik
November 18th, 2014, 13:07
Check with greyyork, he's letting a set of gently used rotors go on the cheap. OE rotors with 60%+ life left in the front and ~80% in the rear. He re-utilized the new rotors he bought, else I would've snagged them and had them cryo-treated, but the place that does cryo won't do used rotors due to tendency to crack. :|

O_E