PDA

View Full Version : car wrap

SA RS6
October 25th, 2014, 23:57
i know this isn't the best thing to do to one of these beast, but if i were going to do a vinyl wrap on the car what color would y'all go with? right now the car is avus silver with ebony interior. I was thinking matte black, reason for tossing around the idea is due to front bumper being dinged to hell from rock, and some small paint chips and flaking on back bumper. just wanna get some opinions on the idea and see if it would be worth doing or if it would make it to much of a rice rocket. thanks for any input.

kruat
October 26th, 2014, 00:21
My paint is in pretty good shape, has had clear bra since day 1, but im considering wrapping it as well. Two reasons, to change the color, and to protect the paint.

I love white cars, so ill probably wrap mine white, maybe suska grey. But nothing too flashey for me, and in a gloss print over matte. Id prefer more of a factory look.

Greyyork
October 26th, 2014, 19:15
google images c5 audi rs6 matte black or wrap and look around. I'm in the same boat as you.

SA RS6
October 26th, 2014, 20:06
yea i did a small search, i kinda want to stay close to the stock color now, i was looking at her sitting in my garage and cant really see changing her to black. the color that came to mind is the Frozen Grey matte wrap, or maybe some sort of Silver matte wrap. i think that is the closest im going to get to the avus silver.

EINHORN
October 26th, 2014, 22:41
Get brave, saw an amazing flat glut orange late RS4 Thursday hogging the left lane the other day

lswing
October 26th, 2014, 23:09
Just paint the bumpers, that's a nice silver, around $1k for both I would say. No blending with body should be needed, and don't the silver and gray cars have bumpers that are slightly off color anyhow.

SA RS6
October 27th, 2014, 01:24
Just paint the bumpers, that's a nice silver, around $1k for both I would say. No blending with body should be needed, and don't the silver and gray cars have bumpers that are slightly off color anyhow.

I have thought about it, but there are small areas on other spots on the car, just the front and back bumper are the worst. And I got a quote once to get front bumper done and it was 450-550. And I don't see any difference in color between body and bumpers but I have never really looked hard for a difference. I was thinking the wrap route for paint protection and give her a fresh look. I just don't wanna spend all that money to get it done and not like it or regret the color.

Greyyork
October 27th, 2014, 07:15
I absolutely love the car when it's bright out (I have avus silver too) but if it's gloomy, then I don't think it looks good. Hey bro I just saw you were in San Antonio! I'm in Germany now, but headed that way soon! My brother is also looking around for a good RS6 deal. We will have a little RS6 Posse going on.

SA RS6
October 27th, 2014, 12:30
Awesome bud. When are you gonna be back? What area are you gonna be living in? Maybe we can meet up, have some small get together or something.