PDA

View Full Version : Another avant import?

DHall1
October 22nd, 2014, 16:06
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110445

What is the scoop

lswing
October 22nd, 2014, 17:18
That's our guy who was trying to sell on eBay. The shop basically misquoted him or decided to screw him is the word. Once the car arrived the estimate went from around $20k-$60k...

Haven't heard anything since, and don't think his eBay post sold. For whatever reason he won't post on here and ask for help/advice.

Beautiful car, bummer.

Edit; for the correct answer please send me the Euro 5-spokes, I understand you are tired of them:)

Bigglezworth
October 22nd, 2014, 20:06
Intresting to read through the post and the responses. See that those responding aren't clear about what makes the vehicle difficult to import either. It's not solely about emmissions. I also has to do with crash test standards (what specifically prevented the 03 RS6 from being importable to Canada until the harmonized bumper standards law passed in late 2008 and that necessitated a host of different modifications to the base RS6 for Canada's 90 2004 units....), and also a specific requirement by the Gov't to protect the auto markets for each manufacturer. After 15 years, the Gov't figures the residual value of a vehicle is so low that it doesn't matter if they protect things any longer. That is why you can import a car to Canada without any involvement from Gov't agencies (standard provincial inspections aside) at the 15 year period.

Jimmy
October 23rd, 2014, 14:25
What a beauty !

Love the tool kit in the trunk/boot too.

lswing
October 23rd, 2014, 16:29
I can't believe he talks about crushing it, at least part the damned thing out...haven't seen anything in a few weeks.