PDA

View Full Version : I need a new Instrument cluster the second one I bought on here went out. HELP!

N_Stamp
October 20th, 2014, 18:19
So the instrument cluster I purchased off of here from a fellow rs6.com member decided it didn't want to last on me and is starting to short out. Does anyone have one for sell?

-Nick

lswing
October 20th, 2014, 18:22
Did your first one go the same way? I'd be worried about some short or fuse issue to the cluster if so.

You can always try Shokan.com...

N_Stamp
October 20th, 2014, 18:26
No it didn't go the same way, half of it is lit up and the other half is fine, I can not change the time or date either. The instrument cluster showed signs of corrosion before installing but I had no other choice.

N_Stamp
October 20th, 2014, 18:32
LSWING! I LOVE YOU hahahahahaha they have two in stock and I just bought both of them!!!

lswing
October 20th, 2014, 18:40
LSWING! I LOVE YOU hahahahahaha they have two in stock and I just bought both of them!!!

Ha, nice, glad to hear it! Most of the time I mention Shokan and people say it's too damn expensive, but the parts are clean and they've been good for me.

Now don't break those....cheers man.

SteveKen
October 20th, 2014, 19:11
What dies your dealer charge you to recode them?

I doubt that Shokan supplies you with the SKC for the cluster...

You might be able to repair both your clusters, too.

Bigglezworth
October 20th, 2014, 19:56
I have a pixel problem on the center display on my one beast and wanted to simply swap the cluster from the other. Of course the Immobilizer makes a simple swap difficult.... I then thought I could take the display apart, unplug the LED glass, and then reassemble, but again there is no simple disconnect clip like one might see on a piece of home electronics. All rigid soldered. >sigh< Anyone else ever had pixel problems on their center display? If so, how did you repair? Don't want to do a full swap that comes with coding woes.

SteveKen
October 20th, 2014, 20:04
Module Masters. $150 plus shipping both ways.

http://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/shop/clusters/audi-a4-a6-s4-s6-2004/

hahnmgh63
October 21st, 2014, 02:35
Module Masters is the way to go. They rebuild the cluster on my tt and it has been great ever since.

N_Stamp
October 23rd, 2014, 21:19
Module masters looked at my first cluster laughed and said you have a Christmas tree..... literally every light is on then I bought one on this forum from a member the cluster had 6k stock miles but looked as if it had a bit of corrosion on some of the parts due to maybe being in a garage with moisture???? So I purchased both from Shokan.... Changing the car codes and mileage is a piece of CAKE! So I will make sure both work then put one in my car... sell the other three and away I go! WEEEEEEE