PDA

View Full Version : S6 engine into RS6... can that be?

Tamimii
October 14th, 2014, 13:26
Dear all
Hi I have a 2003 RS6 engine is dead.. Some told me that I can install S6 2003 engine into my car... Is that possible.

lswing
October 14th, 2014, 13:45
Location?

That would be a sad waste of labor...if you're going to spend all that time on an engine swap just dig up an RS6 engine.

ECU would be the difference, probably plenty of other connections that would be a pain to change.

Bigglezworth
October 14th, 2014, 14:42
Dear all
Hi I have a 2003 RS6 engine is dead.. Some told me that I can install S6 2003 engine into my car... Is that possible.RS6 is an A6 chassis. You can install any year appropriate engine from the 2.7, 3.2 and 4.2 displacement. That said, you also need to consider the transmission will need to be changed, the ECU, and likely other odds and sods that deal with cooling systems. It's a host of work. Also a host of work swapping in a replacement RS6 mtor, but that is the more appropriate route for these cars. Exactly 'how' did you kill your RS6 motor? These are fine hand assembled engines that go the distance and then some.

DHall1
October 14th, 2014, 14:47
Sell me your car

Tamimii
October 14th, 2014, 20:29
RS6 is an A6 chassis. You can install any year appropriate engine from the 2.7, 3.2 and 4.2 displacement. That said, you also need to consider the transmission will need to be changed, the ECU, and likely other odds and sods that deal with cooling systems. It's a host of work. Also a host of work swapping in a replacement RS6 mtor, but that is the more appropriate route for these cars. Exactly 'how' did you kill your RS6 motor? These are fine hand assembled engines that go the distance and then some.

Well its located in Saudi Arabia.
I was driving it a very long drive it looks that the oil pump was not working and then engine over heated..... Dead

Someone told me same ECU and gear box could be used. Its the same platform and body type....
Its not easy to import a used engine

Tamimii
October 14th, 2014, 20:30
Well.... If you are ready to Handel export am read to get your offer

Tamimii
October 14th, 2014, 20:33
I do wish to fix it. But I did my best.... I need then engine block (cylinder) plus the crank shaft.... Any ideas where I can get to make it a live once again

lswing
October 14th, 2014, 20:55
I do wish to fix it. But I did my best.... I need then engine block (cylinder) plus the crank shaft.... Any ideas where I can get to make it a live once again

Try looking on rs246.com, they are the European forum. Sorry to hear of the engine loss. I've seen them for $4-6k I think, but not one in a while. At least you know the rest of the car is good!

If you can, update your location that appears in the left side of these posts, you can do it in your user account preferences.

Maybe start contacting sellers of similar engine types, and search for wrecked cars. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/audi-v8-engine
(http://www.ebay.com/bhp/audi-v8-engine)
Put this in if you do a swap, replaces plastic piece. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Audi-oil-cooler-pipe-for-4-2L-V8-Engine-A8-A6-RS6-Phaeton-/261324657410?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARS6&hash=item3cd829d302&vxp=mtr

Bigglezworth
October 14th, 2014, 22:24
You only need a replacement engine if you can't repair the damaged parts. You can replace bearings, replace pistons, replace rings, machine crankshafts, machine rods, use oversize bearings, etc. Any reputable engine machine shop can do this work every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.... Overhaul of the engine can cost the same price as a replacement short block.

Turbowned
October 15th, 2014, 00:39
I assume you only mean the engine block? You just need to replace the block and potentially the heads; everything else should be fine. It would not make sense to put the whole S6 drivetrain in. I don't recall if there are any internal differences between the S6 and RS6 block and heads, just external differences (RS6 has biturbo, S6 does not).

Like Bigglezworth said, any reputable machine shop should be able to rebuild your engine, assuming there isn't too much damage.

Tamimii
October 15th, 2014, 09:45
I assume you only mean the engine block? You just need to replace the block and potentially the heads; everything else should be fine. It would not make sense to put the whole S6 drivetrain in. I don't recall if there are any internal differences between the S6 and RS6 block and heads, just external differences (RS6 has biturbo, S6 does not).

Like Bigglezworth said, any reputable machine shop should be able to rebuild your engine, assuming there isn't too much damage.
I do appreciate all your replies.. Its really helpful
The issue that am not able to source a good condition engine block :(.
Am thinking that if install the S6 engine block and engine head and then fix the RS6 intake manifold and turbo and exhaust manifold using the same ECU it should work
Is this can be.....

SteveKen
October 15th, 2014, 10:46
For a few of the early years, the part number for the engine block is the same as the D3 A8 4.2.

I'm assuming that the other internals are different, but if you just need the block, then it is an option.

Tamimii
October 15th, 2014, 11:11
Dear
Do you mean A8 engine block code D3 should fit? Which year so I can look for it.
Thanks

Tamimii
October 15th, 2014, 11:16
Dear
Do you mean A8 engine block code D3 should fit? Which year so I can look for it.
Thanks

mik15
October 15th, 2014, 12:18
the D3 4.2 engine of early years, meaning '03, '04 and '05 i guess.

Primo
October 15th, 2014, 12:28
I'd repair the old engine or install another BCY engine.

An RS6 is an RS6 and you should keep it that way.

Best of luck.

Tamimii
October 15th, 2014, 13:02
[QUOTE=Primo;268322]I'd repair the old engine or install another BCY engine.

An RS6 is an RS6 and you should keep it that way.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE
I do like an RS6 is an RS6....
For that reason am doing my best to get the engine block... Wish me luck

DHall1
October 15th, 2014, 13:25
Find a complete bcy engine. they are out there

Primo
October 15th, 2014, 13:54
Wish me luck

I just did. ;)

Zorb
October 15th, 2014, 20:19
Out of curiosity, how does one suffer an oil related problem without oil pressure warnings? Same goes for coolant issues, signs are pretty apparent, plus warning messages.

Bigglezworth
October 15th, 2014, 20:30
Out of curiosity, how does one suffer an oil related problem without oil pressure warnings? Same goes for coolant issues, signs are pretty apparent, plus warning messages.I have a friend that just 'lost his engine' to oil pressure related woes. He said he had no "warning' which I also found odd. I think that with such advanced engine monitoring for these rides (sensors for everything and codes for everything and then some), that a simple solution is to stop the fuel pump circuit if the oil pressure is deemed too low. Would likely save the damage. I know my old Buick has this feature as part of the ECU programming. If the oil pressure isn't sufficient to ensure optimum operation, the ECU shuts off the fuel relay and voila - the engine stops... Bring the pressure back up and it runs again.

Tamimii
October 15th, 2014, 20:33
Out of curiosity, how does one suffer an oil related problem without oil pressure warnings? Same goes for coolant issues, signs are pretty apparent, plus warning messages.
It was the biggest mistakes. .. I was in the middle of no where I thought I still have some time,,,,, but I was mistaken..... :(😥😥😥

A4V8swap
October 16th, 2014, 12:44
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Short-Block-Factory-Rebuilt-2003-2004-Audi-RS6-4-2L-V8-Code-BCY-/290986425051?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c0247adb&vxp=mtr#ht_430wt_1126

took me 1 minute to find this. Ask for international shipping. Won't be as ridiculous as you think.

A4V8swap
October 16th, 2014, 12:46
Or if you really want to be a fancy guy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-0L-V10-TFSI-BUH-Audi-RS6-Engine-/151182347455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23332b8cbf#ht_7464wt_1364

Tamimii
October 16th, 2014, 13:00
dear
it's very easy to buy!! but it's very hard to import used engine to Saudi Arabia, it's a very complicated procedure which sellers will refuse to do.... many needed documents to Done at the selleer end !!!!!!

SteveKen
October 17th, 2014, 02:16
Dear
Thanks

Part number for the block is 077103011AT

I'm not 100% on the model years, but it was in the 4.2L A8. 2004-2006?

Maybe you can find one of these within country?

Tamimii
October 17th, 2014, 18:17
Part number for the block is 077103011AT

I'm not 100% on the model years, but it was in the 4.2L A8. 2004-2006?

Maybe you can find one of these within country?
Dear
This is a good lead I will try to look for it tomorrow we do have many A8..
Thanks

RS8
October 18th, 2014, 11:50
First, you must of course take apart your Rs6 engine to see what is broken?

I think the only thing you maybe can use from the A8 engine is the engine block. (if it is really the same?)

It's much higher compression in the A8 engine=other pistons and all the parts inside (pistons,conrods,crankshaft) are in poorer quality.

Have you been driving with too little oil or low oil pressure, then the parts is damaged inside so you will need much more parts than only the engine block.

Tamimii
October 21st, 2014, 22:55
First, you must of course take apart your Rs6 engine to see what is broken?

I think the only thing you maybe can use from the A8 engine is the engine block. (if it is really the same?)

It's much higher compression in the A8 engine=other pistons and all the parts inside (pistons,conrods,crankshaft) are in poorer quality.

Have you been driving with too little oil or low oil pressure, then the parts is damaged inside so you will need much more parts than only the engine block.
Hi...
It's confirmed by Audi parts expert that this par # 077103011AT can fit in the RS6... but sir am not able find it locally,,, this the only part I can use from A8 Quattro 4.2. 2004 - 2006 engine for my 2004 RS6.
I hope to find it soooooon.

RS8
October 22nd, 2014, 08:25
077103011AT you have in Audi A8 334hp engine code BFM 2003-2006

But 077103011AT is only the crankcase!
All parts inside is different.
oil pump, pistons, crankshaft and everything else is not the same as RS6.

You have to take apart your engine to see what has happened, maybe you only need new bearings and gaskets.

Tamimii
October 22nd, 2014, 08:39
077103011AT you have in Audi A8 334hp engine code BFM 2003-2006

But 077103011AT is only the crankcase!
All parts inside is different.
oil pump, pistons, crankshaft and everything else is not the same as RS6.

You have to take apart your engine to see what has happened, maybe you only need new bearings and gaskets.

Yeah I will check fir the needed items.
Thanks for extra derails

Tamimii
October 26th, 2014, 07:13
hi everybody

my engine needs the following
4 pistons with it's ring plus 4 pistion Arms
cranck case
cranck
after checking the local local market this cost more than a complete engine.
i hope i can manage import one ASAP.
am looking to drive it once again