PDA

View Full Version : Any takers on this Avant?

October 6th, 2014, 01:10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS6-Avant-Wagon-2003-audi-rs-6-mtm-free-shipping-/121452683323?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c4724e03b&item=121452683323&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Anyone willing to say "hold my beer and watch this" on the Avant?

lswing
October 6th, 2014, 01:19
He's been posting of his quagmire on the Facebook page. I told him to ask for help here but he chose not too for some reason. Basically the import shop is jacking up prices...

No sunroof eh, odd...

October 6th, 2014, 01:51
Giggity.....and the rare "sunroof delete" option.....why can't you call it a "kit car"...ala Superformance or Backdraft? That is,if you want an Avant....

SteveKen
October 6th, 2014, 02:09
I'm curious what the actual price to convert and federalize is?

lswing
October 6th, 2014, 02:30
He was saying $50-60k, reason for sending it back. Shop originally quoted $20k or something. Has to pull mods and replace with new OEM he said, DP's at least. Puzzled as to why the fellow wouldn't want help from this group, his loss I guess.

alrightroad
October 6th, 2014, 03:23
Such a shame. $50-60K seems super high but I suppose the conversion shop has strict guidelines.

Erik
October 6th, 2014, 07:43
Swedish license plates.

Bigglezworth
October 6th, 2014, 14:31
He's been posting of his quagmire on the Facebook page.He's created his own quagmire. The rules of engagement are well spelled out (for Canada and US both) when it comes to vehicles that are off shore. The only one he can blame is himself. Sad, but it's true. I just looked at the ad for a 2003 RS6 Avant selling for $5,000.00 GPB (http://www.audizine.com/forum/classifieds.php?p[mshow]=listing&p[id]=2003-rs6-avant-daytona-grey-running-car-152014)... AND that seller will take it to any port within relative driving distance at their cost. All you need to do is ship and deal with importing. In 2.5 years I will be on the hunt for a 2002 Avant and with them frequently selling for less than what it costs to purchase a sedan out of the US (15K CDN all taxes and import fees in on a car from Germany or UK), you'll be certain I can stand to wait and enjoy one of the sedan's here for a bit longer vs. paying crazy money for someone elses. ;)

lswing
October 6th, 2014, 22:54
Swedish license plates.

Erik, you buying it when it gets shipped back, bet you could get a good deal. Left hand drive, always knew you Swedes did things right:)

Seriously though, couldn't someone take this off the chaps hands at a good price and put it in storage? There are about 4 or 5 import shops in the US that are registered for conversion by the EPA doing a quick search. Personally I think the shop is in over their head, so it's going to take them double the hours to get the work done. Or maybe in 2.5 years the changes won't need to be made?

DHall1
October 7th, 2014, 04:19
Give me a clean C5 S6 and I will roll a full blown C5 RS6 out of the garage for less than 10k.

Erik
October 7th, 2014, 07:32
Erik, you buying it when it gets shipped back, bet you could get a good deal. Left hand drive, always knew you Swedes did things right:)

Don't think so, if he paid import etc. already I'd have to do that again when the car goes back...LOL, got to love taxes.

Erik
October 7th, 2014, 07:32

Don't think so, if he paid import etc. already I'd have to do that again when the car goes back...LOL, got to love taxes.

Bigglezworth
October 7th, 2014, 15:37
You shouldn't have to pay tax again on a vehicle re-entering the country it was originally exported on. Can't claim the same tax twice... That rule applies here in Canada anyway. Vehicles that are sold privately are without GST (Goods and Services Tax). If you buy from a reseller, then it's subject to GST again, but private no. Only caveate to this is provincial tax which is added if you are purchasing used from another province/state at which point you get to add that irrespective of not being billed GST.

mrdave
October 7th, 2014, 17:09
Give me a clean C5 S6 and I will roll a full blown C5 RS6 out of the garage for less than 10k.

Seriously, WTF was this guy thinking??

mik15
October 7th, 2014, 21:33
i don't think anyone from Europe would pay that money for this car, for a bit extra you can get a nice Plus version with less miles and a sunroof :) . I read his thread on the other rs6 forum in UK and yeah...he seemed like he knew what he was doing but i guess not really...or the shop is way out of its league with the conversion and don't really know how to approach it. All the best to the seller with the sale!