PDA

View Full Version : Loose plug

kilian tuning
October 5th, 2014, 15:11
Posted this long time ago, but still unsure whats disconnected. Coming from the ecu area, 8D0 971 379 M
Apologise for the crap phone pics.

hahnmgh63
October 5th, 2014, 17:21
Sorry for the critique but your pics are terrible but... The only plugs I can think of in the cowl area left to right are the vacuum sensor right by the ECU, then the Coolant level sensor plugging to the bottom of the Coolant Resevoir, then the Air Quality sensor who's small sensor snaps onto (and breaks easily) the side of the Cabin Air Filter assembly at the front left corner. Do you think it connects on the engine side of the Firewall?

kilian tuning
October 5th, 2014, 21:36
Some more crappy shots...:)15577155781557915580

hahnmgh63
October 6th, 2014, 16:04
Does it come through the cowl to the engine side of the firewall or did you just lift up the cover to pull it out for the pics? Did you check the 3 plugs I mentioned above?

Dmb408
October 6th, 2014, 18:08
that's not coolant i am pretty sure because that generally was more square with one rounded edge and you'd get a temp warning...i replaced so recently that i think i recall pretty clear

Bigglezworth
October 13th, 2014, 19:51
Some sort of supplementary plug that has been added by a previous user would be my guess. Aside from the large ECU group of wires that pass through the firewall, there are only two other cables exiting the ECU housing. One ties in to the brake vaccum line and the other to the coolant tank. No other wires from the ECU housing exist on any of my cars so no clue what you have in front of you.