PDA

View Full Version : WTB Fuel tank 8(

Styhl
October 5th, 2014, 03:36
My fuel tank has a crack, if anyone has one from a donor car,or similar, that has a good one please contact me here. Or even a link to one would be appreciated
Tia,
Ryan

SteveKen
October 6th, 2014, 18:37
I have one from an S6. The only difference is the fuel pump inside (which can all be swapped) and it lacks the mounting bracket on the outside that secures the external fuel pump and filter.

You might be able to transfer these form your existing tank, too.

PM me with your location, etc. if you are interested.

Korben007
October 6th, 2014, 20:30
Also I have a RS6 tank I dont need anymore. only done 59K

Styhl
October 6th, 2014, 20:39
Also I have a RS6 tank I dont need anymore. only done 59K

I talked with SteveKen in a pm and he thinks perhaps my rollover recall wasn't performed correctly and to take it to a dealership and have it examined. That's a five+ hour drive for me though no matter which way I go... Maybe I need to open a dealership in amarillo just to source parts

Styhl
October 20th, 2014, 22:18
Well Bob Moore Audi told me its a bad tank, and not part of the recall 1600parts+9 hours labor and 200 for alignment. I called Audi America to see if they can get some more details, they didnt show me where the tank failed but i expressed to Corp i felt it may be a failure and needs to be in the recall, basically asking for a reconsideration. I'll know more by the 23rd when I did some more reading/research and found many examples of multiple replaced tanks in the same vehicle on www.arfc.org

Styhl
October 23rd, 2014, 16:12
I called Audi Corp and got things sorted, I'll be getting a new tank. Super happy and I found out what my paint code is! But not sharing ;)

SteveKen
October 24th, 2014, 23:44
Great News.