PDA

View Full Version : New Acura Design??

sturs6
January 26th, 2004, 02:19
It may not be exact but I wonder where Acura got there new car design.

sturs6
January 26th, 2004, 02:22
Compare that design to the new 5 series...

nene
January 26th, 2004, 03:38
That's nothing new.
Most or all Japanese cars are copy cats! It's been like that for years. What made you think they'd change that phylosophy now?
Their moto: make it look like other expensive luxurious cars, but build it cheap!

Overall I think that TL is nice. However, the 545i I just picked up is a kick arse car. Too bad it's already back at the dealership to have then troubleshoot a weird noise coming from the steering column when I make right turns. And the car was only 3 days old when the issue appeared.

steve
January 26th, 2004, 08:49
Originally posted by sturs6
Compare that design to the new 5 series...

We'll the acura is 10 times prettier:D

Benman
January 27th, 2004, 03:57
Originally posted by steve
We'll the acura is 10 times prettier:D

Yep.:D

Radu
January 28th, 2004, 16:52
nene, it is well known that Honda or Acura is cloning BMW, Toyota or Lexus clones Mercedes and Nissan or Infinity is going after the VW or Audi gruppe.

I don't think there's something wrong with it, it's just a matter of people's choices, you either drive a watered down copy of something or the original.
The funniest thing is... a recent commercial of Lexus or something showed the Brits and the Germans disassembling and analizing the Lexus vehicle...

steve
January 28th, 2004, 17:05
Radu,

I don't really agree with this;

Take Honda, they have always had their style and have never tried to copy other brands. All the Honda's from the past were something different. Even today all the honda's aren't copies of other brands.
Lexus however is something else:D

Klint
January 28th, 2004, 17:30
The Japanese manufacturers do have a habit of copying the European designs but they also add their own sauce to the meal, such as a super reliable Ferrari, that's also super bland to drive and just a little too far from eclipsing the original. The Japanese are best at building bland, reliable and technological cars.

I don't know what the Americans are doing, but it looks like they are doing their own thing, they aren't doing a fairly good job. Check out their Corvette/Viper..Although, I got to admit, I do think the American's are best at pick up trucks.

I can't say too much for the British car industry neither...Nearly all of it has either been influenced by the rest of Europe. Look what BMW did to MG-Rover, they also had the nerve to steal the MINI brand and the Rolls Royce brand. Now ford owns the Range Rover/Jaguar/Aston Martin brands, while BMW still has Rolls Royce.

As you can see, the world wide automotive market is like the quad topped pizza from Pizza hut.

Radu
January 28th, 2004, 17:38
Well, take this next gen Honda NSX - it has front 360 and back Enzo, while little of both in between :)

http://www.outie.net/forums/attach/honda1.gif