PDA

View Full Version : H&R Springs

RS6_M_U
September 26th, 2014, 22:30
Hey y'all (:

I've spent the past hour or so scrolling and reading about a lot of different experiences people have had lowering their C5 RS6 on this forum. I've gathered a lot of information about the different brands that are used, from just springs, shocks to replace the DRC and stock springs, to coil overs. I recently bought my RS6 last month and I am looking to lower it. I'm looking for that more aggressive look (ride height), but still comfortable, and just as aggressive if not more aggressive than it already is with the roads. I'm looking to only replace the springs for now. Down the road I will replace the shocks and springs or do coilovers. I would like to go with H&R springs. I have read great things about them. But would like anyones opionion on them.

I have seen that people have used the H&R springs that are made for the RS6 (sports) which is all I can find for the RS6 with H&R.

Then the people that have used the H&R springs for the 4.2 V8 A6. (Both race and sport.) I did read in one thread that the race springs lower the RS6 too far. It pintches the DSR lines and also makes it hard to have the sway bars in the back, for the axle hits them. I don't have sway bars on the RS6 yet, but would like the opition one day (will probably replace the whole set up by that point though). There was 1-2 posts about this, but nothing more after that. And I've also read two posts of people that have done the race springs and had no problem and rode better than stock.

I guess I'm just looking for honest opinions on what H&R springs to use. And good/bad reviews about them.

Thank y'all. :addict:

A4V8swap
September 27th, 2014, 03:07
DRC, H&R race on my RS6. 20" wheels.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3NFgxNjAw/z/jM0AAOSwd4tT3qtb/$_57.JPG

RS6_M_U
September 27th, 2014, 06:45
A4V8swap - That looks so nice! Love love the peelers. Have you had any issues with the DRC being pinched in the front? Or any issues at all with the DRC after putting the H&R race springs on? Any issues with clearance with the wheels to fender? I really don't want to roll or pull the fenders for this. How does it handle? How many miles are on the car? Very nice car. Thank you for the information. These are the A6 4.2 V8 springs, correct? 1.9 in the front, 1.4 in the back.

A4V8swap
September 27th, 2014, 12:36
They are a6 4.2. It rides low in the front. Have to be careful with bumps and cutting the wheel hard. Ride is decent very stiff. 131k

RS6_M_U
September 27th, 2014, 15:34
Ah. Will it rub when you turn hard? I'm use to the bumps being a pain on lowered cars. My husband has a static VW CC that's lowered a good bit, enough to where he turns hard and hits a bump he rubs the inner fender a lot and actually caught the fender a few times. Don't want to deal with that because we would like to take the RS6 to the Tail Of The Dragon at some point. I'm on stock wheels right now. Is rolling and pulling fenders something I will need to do with these springs you think? Oh and have you had any issues with the DRC since putting the springs on?

Turbowned
September 27th, 2014, 21:00
I occasionally scrape the front bumper at stock ride height, so this sounds a little too aggressive for the crappy roads I have to deal with. Opinions on H&R sport springs? I just want to lower it a bit more and space the factory wheels out to be flush.

DHall1
September 27th, 2014, 22:37
Not many have chosen this route.

Many have gone Koni struts to lower.....this would be my choice if coilovers were not in the cards. Stock rs spring rates are very good.

lswing
September 27th, 2014, 23:55
Yep, the Koni Yellow sports from Tire Rack for $650 perform great with our stock springs, very good handling setup. There are some great threads on the install and details. Make it even better with Hotchkis upgraded sway bars, world of difference.