PDA

View Full Version : Young punk probably killed my car

marklar182
September 21st, 2014, 16:22
Coming home from a Cancer benefit for a friend last night, doing 65mph on the highway with cruise control on, some punk in Taurus rear ended us doing 90mph.

Crumpled the rear quarters and the rear doors won't open.

Me me and the wife are OK, I have a sore back. Spent most of the night at the ER to be safe.

Will keep the vultures updated ;)

Bigglezworth
September 21st, 2014, 16:42
Holy crap!. If you have a crumpled frame, the adjusters won't even balk and immediately write it off. I'm so sorry to hear. Glad you're okay.

SteveKen
September 21st, 2014, 18:17
I'm glad you guys are OK.

Envisioning that has me thinking that it could have had a much worse outcome.

Hopefully the Taurus driver was in big trouble with the authorities.

MaxRS6
September 21st, 2014, 18:45
Total Bummer!...:(

That must have been a nasty hit. I hope you and your wife have no long term issues.

nistah
September 21st, 2014, 19:24
Really sorry to hear about this….please be very careful some effects from a crash tend to not present right away but can take months before they appear. I would treat & rehab any & all injuries very carefully and hire an experienced attorney who can protect your property damage and health interests. What you've described is a very serious accident where the other party is clearly at fault. Best wishes for a speedy recovery & good luck getting made whole again by the insurance company.

RSoverAll
September 21st, 2014, 19:26
D@mn, that sux. Of course losing a car is a downer but rather that than anyone hurt. Well sounds like your car did it's job keeping you safe.

DHall1
September 21st, 2014, 22:24
Or you may want mine to put the front clip of your car on.

And yes....if not I need a good front clip.

Glad your ok and that really sucks. Get big money from the jackasses.

QUOTE=marklar182;267643]Coming home from a Cancer benefit for a friend last night, doing 65mph on the highway with cruise control on, some punk in Taurus rear ended us doing 90mph.

Crumpled the rear quarters and the rear doors won't open.

Me me and the wife are OK, I have a sore back. Spent most of the night at the ER to be safe.

Will keep the vultures updated ;)[/QUOTE]

Other_Erik
September 22nd, 2014, 12:48
Glad to hear you and the wife are okay, time for Avant conversion! :)

O_E

marklar182
September 23rd, 2014, 01:29
Ouch. Will find out tomorrow....

mik15
September 23rd, 2014, 05:39
it doesn't look too bad, i thought it was completely smashed, but by the way it looks it could be saved, most likely the exhaust has been damaged, rear left fender seems crumpled but if the roof is alright and has no dents or crumpled zones i think it can be repaired as long as the chassis doesn't hide any nasty surprises once the bumper will be removed...

how did the Taurus look like? obviously the Audi did its job in protecting you guys, i hope all sorts out ok and you walk out of the event with no long term injuries!

Other_Erik
September 23rd, 2014, 12:13
After seeing the pic, and you saying the rear doors won't open... I hate to say it, but my money is on insurance totaling :(

Buyback and go Avant! Or at least sell the shell to someone who wants to go Avant. Would be terrible to see this beauty go to the wrecker!

Good luck, hope things work out!

O_E

DHall1
September 23rd, 2014, 14:57
Wow this looked to be immaculate. I would be using some vise grips on the insurance adjusters knuckles.

Ouch. Will find out tomorrow....

marklar182
September 23rd, 2014, 15:41
It was very clean.

Just got the call, total loss. Frame is buckled.

lswing
September 23rd, 2014, 15:51
It was very clean.

Just got the call, total loss. Frame is buckled.

Sucks, hope they give you a good payout...there are plenty of RS6's for sale around at good prices if you plan on getting into another.

marklar182
September 23rd, 2014, 15:59
Sucks, hope they give you a good payout...there are plenty of RS6's for sale around at good prices if you plan on getting into another.

I will have to think very hard about it, I still had a warranty on this car so no headaches. I was also very lucky that it was just a great car. No trans or DRC bugs. Was the perfect RS6!

lswing
September 23rd, 2014, 16:07
Look to just be two nearby, one for a ridiculous price, one ok...here in Texas I don't see much need for AWD with the lack of snow and rain. I might be looking into a newer RWD car like M3-M5 if I was staying here.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Audi/RS+6/Temple+TX-76502?endYear=2015&makeCode1=AUDI&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&modelCode1=RS6&searchRadius=300&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&Log=0

mik15
September 23rd, 2014, 20:00
i am really sorry to hear that, that's a bummer...what mileage did your car have?

Dmb408
September 23rd, 2014, 20:16
PM me if you want a VERY recent totaled quote/payout for an extremely clean 70K mile car and I bought it back so I can give you that too

DHall1
September 23rd, 2014, 21:01
Yes these numbers would be close. However, this is a 100 percent fault to the other driver.

Thus, Mark does not have to accept "book" value. He had no plans of selling this immaculate RS6 that still had warranty. He does not have to accept book. He can simply say replace it with like cond and warranty or pay me 30k. Period.

Not that i would sell #1 or #3....but anything under 30k does not even make me blink. Go find a nicer one with Fidelity.

PM me if you want a VERY recent totaled quote/payout for an extremely clean 70K mile car and I bought it back so I can give you that too

nistah
September 23rd, 2014, 22:10
Yes these numbers would be close. However, this is a 100 percent fault to the other driver.

Thus, Mark does not have to accept "book" value. He had no plans of selling this immaculate RS6 that still had warranty. He does not have to accept book. He can simply say replace it with like cond and warranty or pay me 30k. Period.

Good point, not at fault is a game changer however the Insurance co will still begin with a lowball offer, never accept the first offer and always engage them in a principled negotiation. It may even be helpful in this instance to hire a valuation consultant who can document the true value of the car in a report to contradict the low offer the insurance will most certainly try to slide your way. check http://www.diminishedvalue.com I was able to recover a bundle when my XJR was rear ended by some asshat:pop:

September 23rd, 2014, 23:28
As an aside........I spend my days (and nights) looking for fast moving Xenon's in the rear view.....just for fun....

Ms_RS6
September 24th, 2014, 14:18
:rs6kiss:

Sad day.. glad you guys are ok. Hope you get into another to be honest, although I know it will take a while to find the perfect one. Yours was so clean.

tantheman
September 24th, 2014, 15:08
You may want to consider not taking this through your own insurance company but through the insurance company of the guy who hit you from behind. I say this because you at "no fault". I believe, it keeps your insurance history cleaner and puts the other insurance company on notice to make sure they do good by you. You can still get advise from your own insurance company on how to get the most out of your unfortunate event, from the the other insurance company. Just a thought.

marklar182
September 24th, 2014, 15:49
We are currently working through the other party's ins as they have accepted liability. We have our ins as a backup and will move forward with a Property attorney if needed.

As for the medical side, it is ongoing, Dr appt. today. Same here, we will move forward with a PI attorney if needed. Currently recieving council from a former PI.

ben916
September 26th, 2014, 17:23
I will have to think very hard about it, I still had a warranty on this car so no headaches. I was also very lucky that it was just a great car. No trans or DRC bugs. Was the perfect RS6!

Good to hear you and your wife are ok.
Bummer about the loss BUT the RS did protect you.

DHall1
September 26th, 2014, 18:07
At those speeds...a lesser vehicle could have ended up in the ditch and a wad of metal. Mark's driving ability along with the weight/stability of the beast......put this on a safe track.

marklar182
September 26th, 2014, 19:43
At those speeds...a lesser vehicle could have ended up in the ditch and a wad of metal. Mark's driving ability along with the weight/stability of the beast......put this on a safe track.

No kidding, if I was in a Civic I can't imagine how we would have ended up. A lesser car's rear end would have came around on that impact, but the beast stayed planted. I never departed my lane until I pulled off.

bobbyrs6
September 28th, 2014, 05:23
No kidding, if I was in a Civic I can't imagine how we would have ended up. A lesser car's rear end would have came around on that impact, but the beast stayed planted. I never departed my lane until I pulled off.

Damn man, sorry to hear that but glad that you and the wife are ok.