PDA

View Full Version : Better place to sell?? Cali or New England?

2TURBOV8
September 19th, 2014, 09:04
I am in central California but will be moving to Newport R.I. next summer. Is there a better of the two places to try to sell if I decide to?

Other_Erik
September 19th, 2014, 12:52
Sell in New England as soon as you get there, as a central CA car - people go nuts over the possibility of getting a car that isn't 80% rust underneath

Second thought - were you planning to drive it there or ship it? Driving it there will run ~200 gallons of gas (being very lenient giving 15mpg highway), or ~$900 at gas prices here in the DC area. Shipping it will cost minimum $1200.
Unless you've got no other option of what to drive to transport from CA to RI, sell it in CA. The markup in new england won't be enough to cover gas and wear/tear...

HTH
O_E

Jimmy
September 19th, 2014, 13:50
Well, I'm going to be selling mine too soon and I'm an hour or so from Newport, with that said folks are prolly going to take yours first over mine. So sell it in Cali I say !

Seriously though, Audis are a VERY popular car here in New England.

lswing
September 19th, 2014, 14:12
The shipping costs/hassle alone would make me sell it in CA. I just shipped a few cars, again through DAS, they scratched one up and still won't pay for it, the other was fine (luckily the RS6). Cross country in the summer, plan on around $2,500 closed trailer, or around $1,700 during winter.

I think getting rid of that front plate and window sticker if you haven't already would help, looks too race car like, more prone to abuse.