PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Phoenix #904938

RSoverAll
September 16th, 2014, 22:12
Just wanted to post a few pix of my ride. Yes I know it's dirty and the stance is all wrong but I figured I would share anyways.

These will be great for some before and after shots for what I have planned...15492154931549415495

lswing
September 16th, 2014, 22:22
Very nice! Ride height doesn't look too bad. You mentioned Statis? I think, but I believe those tend to have issues and may be discontinued. Hopefully they hold up well in the meantime. Not 100%, but cars with a VIN roughly below 905500 have shown to have a greater chance of TC/Trans issues. Maybe with any luck yours holds as your VIN at 904938 is close...but I'd be wary of tuning it if you were considering.

RSoverAll
September 16th, 2014, 22:42
A bit too low for my taste and the suspension rides FIIIIIRRM. I wanna look into getting the wheels more flush with the fenders. The Stasis was discontinued but these have been serviced in the last year as Stasis recommends and I can hear the rear shocks knocking round over bumps at slow speeds all the time, so annoying.

I have been all over the web collecting info on the ZF 5HP24A trans failures and repairs, I plan to do the repair myself once the inevitable happens.

First order of business though is getting this RNS-E all figured out and all the fluids and filters changed out in the next month or so. Tbelt was done in Mar 2011 so I'll probably do that December time frame.

DHall1
September 16th, 2014, 23:17
R U faster than a redneek?

Pick one of mine and we can race. :-)

Congrats on the purchase and let's meet up on a Sat over on Indian Bend some time.

Just wanted to post a few pix of my ride. Yes I know it's dirty and the stance is all wrong but I figured I would share anyways.

These will be great for some before and after shots for what I have planned...15492154931549415495

RSoverAll
September 16th, 2014, 23:41
I'm down for a lil fun run sometime! Haven't been to the over to the Pavs in a long time.

Let me get this satnav figured and have the car detailed I will send you a PM to see what we can figure out.

MaxRS6
September 17th, 2014, 01:46
Welcome aboard....

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

Gotta say- You gonna rebuild the transmission yourself- but having issues with getting the RNS-E Nav resolved?. I'd never get the transmission put back together- but the Sat Nav only took a couple of hours all-in.

September 17th, 2014, 02:48
I think the ride height and stance looks good. As for Stasis, I got a whole setup I ripped out of mine cause all it did was clunk. Quotes I got to repair it were insane. I replaced it with the ST coilovers. Much softer ride but seemed to perform ok on the track. Welcome aboard!!!

RSoverAll
September 17th, 2014, 03:21
Yeah the OG owner had some iPod accessory installed and with it in place 4 of the pins for the Sat Radio/Cd changer had to be displaced, not exactly sure which cavities they go in. Good observation though lol.

RSoverAll
September 17th, 2014, 03:23
I think the ride height and stance looks good. As for Stasis, I got a whole setup I ripped out of mine cause all it did was clunk. Quotes I got to repair it were insane. I replaced it with the ST coilovers. Much softer ride but seemed to perform ok on the track. Welcome aboard!!!

Yeah what a rip, 3.5-4k for suspension with a million adjustment settings and it makes a bunch of low speed noise. Will look into ST.

DHall1
September 17th, 2014, 04:00
You can ride in my H&R coilover setup. Smooth and firm....my daily.

KW V3 in the other....better but not worth 2 x money

mik15
September 17th, 2014, 06:00
i thought the Stasis suspension was better for that kind of money, you can rebuild the DRC system with $4k and might outlast the Stasis if you're lucky :) . Check the thread with the Koni shocks as a replacement for your suspension. I had the ST on my other RS6 and TBH it is great for daily driving as being a bit softer than the DRC, but body roll is a bit high, maybe with some Hotchkiss arbs would be different, but if i had to do it again i'd choose the Koni set up as it retains the stock springs, and that's really important due to their compression rate, as far as i can tell.
However, having a proper working DRC on this RS6 now, i can definitely say that it is the best for this car, at least for my needs, will just have to see for how long it will last :D.

WELCOME aboard the Crazy Train! :addict:

RSoverAll
September 17th, 2014, 07:27
You can ride in my H&R coilover setup. Smooth and firm....my daily.

KW V3 in the other....better but not worth 2 x money

Will certainly take you up on that.

PSS9's ? any thoughts

RSoverAll
September 17th, 2014, 07:30
i thought the Stasis suspension was better for that kind of money, you can rebuild the DRC system with $4k and might outlast the Stasis if you're lucky :) . Check the thread with the Koni shocks as a replacement for your suspension. I had the ST on my other RS6 and TBH it is great for daily driving as being a bit softer than the DRC, but body roll is a bit high, maybe with some Hotchkiss arbs would be different, but if i had to do it again i'd choose the Koni set up as it retains the stock springs, and that's really important due to their compression rate, as far as i can tell.
However, having a proper working DRC on this RS6 now, i can definitely say that it is the best for this car, at least for my needs, will just have to see for how long it will last :D.

WELCOME aboard the Crazy Train! :addict:

The Crazy Train lol:dig:

Other_Erik
September 17th, 2014, 13:01
If you're serious about doing the trans rebuild yourself, check this out:
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104077

Good luck with that! and congrats on the ride :)

O_E

lswing
September 17th, 2014, 13:32

O_E

Hey, I was gonna dig that up....thanks for posting, great read.

RSoverAll
September 17th, 2014, 16:57

O_E

THIS! Outstanding. Inspirational to say the least.

Other_Erik
September 18th, 2014, 13:09
Having read through that entire thread and dissected every step of the way, I've come to the conclusion that it's easier and cheaper to buy a trans from someone doing their manual swap than it is to refresh mine.

Refresh that one out of the car, then swap it in and refresh my old trans to either keep as spare or sell if the time ever comes...

September 18th, 2014, 13:37
I've got two shot spares and one TC. The pain and expense is in the shipping.

MaxRS6
September 18th, 2014, 14:21
Having read through that entire thread and dissected every step of the way, I've come to the conclusion that it's easier and cheaper to buy a trans from someone doing their manual swap than it is to refresh mine.

Refresh that one out of the car, then swap it in and refresh my old trans to either keep as spare or sell if the time ever comes...

Agreed- Good approach and wish I had done method a couple of transmissions ago. ;0

Brav
September 18th, 2014, 18:46
Car looks good. Get some spacers to push the wheel face to the edge of the fenders, 5-7mm, and it will look great. Also, get longer wheel bolts.

RSoverAll
September 18th, 2014, 19:08
Car looks good. Get some spacers to push the wheel face to the edge of the fenders, 5-7mm, and it will look great. Also, get longer wheel bolts.

I was doing some reading and thought 5 mm would be just right. Thanks for the confirmation. I think I may have to come up a bit also, wanna go with the OEM 19" blades. I guess they are a Eu OEM wheel. I have seen the Hartmann reps though.

Dmb408
September 18th, 2014, 19:48
There were hartmann reps for sale in the for sale section by someone that i almost bought, might still be there.

RSoverAll
September 21st, 2014, 19:57
Yes they are and at a nice price.

hahnmgh63
September 21st, 2014, 23:05
Do a search on the Hartmann's as they have a reputation for being soft and fairly easy to bend. And that is in the B5 S4 world where the cars are a lot lighter than ours.

RSoverAll
September 22nd, 2014, 00:04
Do a search on the Hartmann's as they have a reputation for being soft and fairly easy to bend. And that is in the B5 S4 world where the cars are a lot lighter than ours.

Quick google search was all it took. Audizine and AudiWorld have threads complaining and some praising Hartmann. May have to rethink my wheel game.