PDA

View Full Version : RS6's for sale...

lswing
September 11th, 2014, 18:22
Looks to be about 45! right now in the US. That's a good amount given how many are left on the road. Good to see plenty of examples racking up miles I suppose. A few rough ones, some over priced ones, but a good mix. Think the green was the only unique color...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Audi/RS+6/Grosse+Pointe+MI-48230?endYear=2015&makeCode1=AUDI&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&modelCode1=RS6&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwnerId=0&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=1981&Log=0

Dmb408
September 11th, 2014, 19:12
It's really cool that the green one is one owner. The VIN is super early but if the trans was going to blow it would have blown by 141K.

Dmb408
September 11th, 2014, 19:32
Nevermind...look at the CarFax on the green one...was it like a dealership car for years? Just traded around as a loaner? I know Stevenson I bought an RS4 from them this wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe the owner kept it for a while.

DHall1
September 11th, 2014, 21:57
Its because the transmission was bad and everyone would just clear the codes. The next sucker would do the same thing.

Turbowned
September 12th, 2014, 00:15
Everyone's trying to get out of them now that they're "that age". 10-yr-old cars fall out of favor just like 10-yr-old fashion and music. If we keep them all another 10yrs they'll be back in style (and hopefully worth more money!)

Bigglezworth
September 12th, 2014, 02:11
Most are also getting driven enough that they no longer qualify for warranty. Many people that have owned this particular model over the years have only done so because they could get a warranty on it. With the vehicles mileage getting higher, that stops and many of those people don't desire the $$ necessary to own. That dilutes the market with them and you start to see prices drop as a result. Further, the price is set based upon a knowledge base that has grown over the past 5-6 years wherein we all know what the archilles heal(s) are with the design (TQ/5Tip/DRC) and many a purchaser shy away if any or all of those three items haven't already failed and been replaced. I feel fortunate to be able to do all my own maintenance for everything from the most basic repair to the most difficult. It has permitted me the ability to get a pretty amazing car from an engineering and performance perspective for less than the price of an Accord.

na1mt
September 12th, 2014, 02:16
I just wish someone would buy mine.....lol. Pics added now

DHall1
September 12th, 2014, 05:00
Coming from one 3 fer to another.

Yep, all factors play a role. Most OE owners dont have the time to diy and lets face it if you make 250k/yr....you get tired of the 10yr old car and want something new. RS7 for example

So some cars fall in the hands of nuts that shower the car in TLC and modify slightly. Me.....and who knows how long i keep mine.

Some other cars fall into disrepair needing thousands in repairs....a downward spiral for sure. Prices drop....cars get a bad rap...so on.

But there are good ones. You just have to pay for them.

Most are also getting driven enough that they no longer qualify for warranty. Many people that have owned this particular model over the years have only done so because they could get a warranty on it. With the vehicles mileage getting higher, that stops and many of those people don't desire the $$ necessary to own. That dilutes the market with them and you start to see prices drop as a result. Further, the price is set based upon a knowledge base that has grown over the past 5-6 years wherein we all know what the archilles heal(s) are with the design (TQ/5Tip/DRC) and many a purchaser shy away if any or all of those three items haven't already failed and been replaced. I feel fortunate to be able to do all my own maintenance for everything from the most basic repair to the most difficult. It has permitted me the ability to get a pretty amazing car from an engineering and performance perspective for less than the price of an Accord.

shamierc
September 18th, 2014, 14:39
Im in South Africa...with the current exchange rate mint rs6's with around 75k miles are $18000 right now and theres even a fully running one for sale at $9000. They are RHD though...but if you're willing to take a nice vacation to cape town...its well worth checking out ;)

Im with the SA Audi club...

Edit to add c6 rs6's are around $48000 right now...

DHall1
September 18th, 2014, 15:18
That is very interesting. You have that many?

I like those exchange rates....have also heard good things about Cape town

Are we the only place in the world without avants? Wtf. Even Japan gets the full complement of S4, S6, RS6 avants.

Im in South Africa...with the current exchange rate mint rs6's with around 75k miles are $18000 right now and theres even a fully running one for sale at $9000. They are RHD though...but if you're willing to take a nice vacation to cape town...its well worth checking out ;)

Im with the SA Audi club...

Edit to add c6 rs6's are around $48000 right now...

shamierc
September 18th, 2014, 15:32
I believe around 50 entered the country. I know of about 8 within the club itself (one being an Avant). We have a few mint RS2's in the club as well. Its weird, I never noticed them until I bought mine. Then I noticed one shared a parking lot at my office and another parked in an adjacent building.

check our club out...there are a few pics on the website but lots on the forum :) http://www.audiclubsa.org.za/ (contents sparse...we migrated from the old website/server recently) if anyones ever this side we do regular meets...including a social on thursdays...this evenings johannesburg social is at hooters :)