PDA

View Full Version : Hello (New owner from Saint Louis MO)

vas160s
September 1st, 2014, 01:13
Just want to jump in here and say hello to the RS6 community. I am out in Saint Louis MO and just bought one from Chicago. Best 250 miles I have ever driven. Researched all about them for a long time but to actually drive the beast, priceless. Anyways, I am sure I will have issue/questions about mine down the line. Thanks

V

DHall1
September 1st, 2014, 03:05
Can you post the last 6 of the vin?

Bigglezworth
September 1st, 2014, 03:29
Anyways, I am sure I will have issue/questions about mine down the line.
.....yes, yes you will. lol Great forum here and lots of knowlege.

kruat
September 1st, 2014, 04:17
Hi.

And pics are a must....

hahnmgh63
September 1st, 2014, 05:20
Welcome.

Zorb
September 1st, 2014, 07:31
Moo. :addict:

vas160s
September 1st, 2014, 13:42
you got it. I will take some and post in the next day or 2

SA RS6
September 1st, 2014, 15:05
Welcome!!!

lswing
September 1st, 2014, 18:57
Welcome! Lets get some pics and details of the beast.

MaxRS6
September 1st, 2014, 22:19
Welcome aboard the...

.http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

vas160s
September 2nd, 2014, 00:40

vas160s
September 2nd, 2014, 00:55
I don't know if its stock or not. I realized that it does not have an owners manual which sucks. It has the Sound Enhancing Exhaust System w/ Black Exhaust Tips and warm weather package. What sold me on it is the maintenance records from the previous owner who had it under warranty and serviced at a local Audi Dealer. Few issues I have now are:

Not sure how to reset defaults. For some reason when I start it the driver side vent is set to high heat or something. I have to wait and then take the temp down to whatever is comfortable
Just today engine light came on (wtf I have had it for 3 days lol) I ran my scanner and it showed P0456 - Evaporative Leak small. Now I am not a mechanic just an IT nerd so not sure what this is but I don't see anything leaking from the car other then the AC water dispenser. Any help on this?

Thanks guys.

lswing
September 2nd, 2014, 01:14
Best color combo! Evap code could just be gas cap, tighten and clear code. You'll want this, Ross-tech.com. Cheers!

Look deep under the steering wheel, I thought my manual was gone too:)

kruat
September 2nd, 2014, 04:05
The code could also be caused by the N80 purge valve, located on the passenger side of the motor bay, near the shock tower. Mine has been replaced twice in its short 44k life.

lswing
September 2nd, 2014, 04:07
The code could also be caused by the N80 purge valve, located on the passenger side of the motor bay, near the shock tower. Mine has been replaced twice in its short 44k life.

You still on stock trans and TC with that later vin? Tuned?

kruat
September 2nd, 2014, 04:14
You still on stock trans and TC with that later vin? Tuned?

I am on stock tune, trans is stock as well, but at 33k the pervious owner had the egts replaced, which was a motor pull. The tech notice some leaks and replaced the trans seal(?) and rear main seal. Along with timing, VCs, and a few other items.

I've got no codes, and I'm still learning how this trans behaves...I'm much more use to the modern DSGs. So I can't really tell if it's acting up or not.

lswing
September 2nd, 2014, 05:21
I am on stock tune, trans is stock as well, but at 33k the pervious owner had the egts replaced, which was a motor pull. The tech notice some leaks and replaced the trans seal(?) and rear main seal. Along with timing, VCs, and a few other items.

I've got no codes, and I'm still learning how this trans behaves...I'm much more use to the modern DSGs. So I can't really tell if it's acting up or not.

Another showing of vin past 5500 holding strong. There's an upgraded rear trans seal for the output shaft, have that done on mine, prevents leaking, which is nice. The MTM shift chip makes it a bit crisper, but she's a bit slow and mucky of a trans. As you mentioned, working it well with either throttle or/and tip can help things.

ttboost
September 2nd, 2014, 12:07
Get used to the CEL....you will see it a lot...comes on for nearly everything. Most times , it won't put you in limp mode, but when it does, you will be driving a pig...

vas160s
September 3rd, 2014, 01:27
yeah it was not the gas cap, I took off and put back on the light is still on. Will be taking in for diagnosis I guess.

lswing
September 3rd, 2014, 01:30
yeah it was not the gas cap, I took off and put back on the light is still on. Will be taking in for diagnosis I guess.

Took a week for mine to clear, just saying. You need to clear the code, then you'll have no light for 10-80 miles...some codes seem to take longer to throw the CEL.

Edit; for me, one of the most important things with this car is a reputable independent mechanic.

vas160s
September 3rd, 2014, 02:23
totally agree. I need to find one for sure. I hate to be paying the ridiculous up fees that shop/dealers charge.

Zorb
September 3rd, 2014, 04:22
Edit; for me, one of the most important things with this car is a reputable independent mechanic.

And a scan tool.

lswing
September 3rd, 2014, 13:27
And a scan tool.

Specifically http://www.ross-tech.com/

Yep, from reading codes to clearing them, logging data when tuning or having issues, priceless really.

hahnmgh63
September 3rd, 2014, 14:53
Codes are locked into the computer depending on the severity of the code and the amount of cycles in which they appear. To throw the CEL just means it is severe enough or there have been enough repetitions in a certain amount of time. As LSwing said, if it was your gas cap being loose it's the same after you re-tighten it, you will need to drive a little while and/or a couple of restarts and drives without the condition recurring in order for it to clear. A good Code reader is much easier such as Vagcom. BTW, the car looks really nice and clean. Post the last 6 of the VIN as mentioned above as DHall on the list has the master list of the VIN and he may be able to tell you a little history about the car.

Turbowned
September 3rd, 2014, 17:01
Welcome! Looks like a nice, well-kept car! I drove a ways to get mine, too :)

vas160s
September 4th, 2014, 01:58
Thanks. The last six of the vin are: 904554. It needs some tint for sure.