PDA

View Full Version : #4 inbound today

DHall1
August 26th, 2014, 18:52
Making final approach. I cant wait!

Other_Erik
August 26th, 2014, 19:13
Project save papadoc's car - any chance you need headlights for that? Or was papadoc the one with the underwater engine?

lswing
August 26th, 2014, 19:17
Got stock IC ducting front/back if you need it...you cover shipping...

4everRS
August 26th, 2014, 20:03
I've got booze for linda. She'll need it.

ben916
August 26th, 2014, 20:04
Project save papadoc's car - any chance you need headlights for that? Or was papadoc the one with the underwater engine?

Papadoc = son took a joy ride into a fence
DMB408 = tried his best James Bond water entry via Lotus Esprite

ben916
August 26th, 2014, 20:28
Where's Dave????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OCbEt7_DHXU" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

This is Duckwingducks PRE special sauce and my crappy voice...

DHall1
August 26th, 2014, 21:07
Send the booze!

Hey, at least I got her a new SQ5.

;-)

Project save papadoc's car t minus 4hrs and counting. Pat says two days of work topps. haha

I've got booze for linda. She'll need it.

MaxRS6
August 26th, 2014, 22:27
http://static.trackjunkies.org/public/style_emoticons/default/vampire.gifGlutonous

DHall1
August 26th, 2014, 23:32
for punishment or should I give to the more needy? I don't know if I should give out the punishment that comes with owning a RS6.

DHall1
August 27th, 2014, 05:37
Landed!

I will be fixing this one for sure. Car was in great condition and not worth scrapping.

Calling out to everyone....find me RF body parts! A6 or S6 4.2 will work.

Bigglezworth
August 27th, 2014, 05:41
Is this a fourth ride in the stable, or the 4th beast you've owned? I thought I was crazy with three.... Well, I know I'm crazy....

DHall1
August 27th, 2014, 06:51
4th owned.

3 in the stable

Other_Erik
August 27th, 2014, 13:01
Good capsules bad mounting brackets on the headlights if you need them, PM me :)

SteveKen
August 27th, 2014, 13:35
4th owned.

3 in the stable

Do you still have the S6, too?

You should consider getting a dealer's license.

Thinknof all the glaucoma inflicted teens that would approach you at street corners if your license plate said 'DEALER'. Lol.

DHall1
August 27th, 2014, 14:15
Nope, S6 sold last year. A good thing because I would be completely nuts and doing the conversion if I still had it.

Teens have no clue about this car.

Dealer license......i have a Manheim card already. Lol

Do you still have the S6, too?

You should consider getting a dealer's license.

Thinknof all the glaucoma inflicted teens that would approach you at street corners if your license plate said 'DEALER'. Lol.

papadoc
August 28th, 2014, 05:54
Landed!

I will be fixing this one for sure. Car was in great condition and not worth scrapping.

Calling out to everyone....find me RF body parts! A6 or S6 4.2 will work.
Dave, I hope you get her back on the road. I wish I had the time and expertise to do it, but I'll be very happy if 10+ years of good care don't go for naught!

SteveKen
August 28th, 2014, 15:18
Think of all the glaucoma inflicted teens that would approach you at street corners if your license plate said 'DEALER'. Lol.

Teens have no clue about this car.

Woooossshhhh.

Anyway, good luck w/ the repairs.

Hopefully there's no issues with the frame rail on that side. The front engine mount welded to it is RS6 specific, as are the A/C lines and lock carrier among other things.

If you need fog lights, you can get the OEM ones through Hella for a lot less than the dealer wants. See one of my other posts wrt this.

I should have some pictures for reference if you need them, too. I will take some pictures before I re-install my lock carrier tonight.

DHall1
August 29th, 2014, 19:53
Fire in the hole!

Put the heart on bypass...purrs like a kitten.

Put the radiator support back on and hooked everything up....purrs like a kitten. Filled all fluids and its out there running.

Looks like the radiator made it thru ok.

Steve.....6 inches more and the frame would have taken a hit. No damage to the engine mount bracket on that rf horn. We are good to go.

SteveKen
August 29th, 2014, 20:02
What does it take in AZ to convert the salvage certificate to get them legally road worthy?

DHall1
August 29th, 2014, 21:11
Hopefully not much

1/2 the current cars on the roads have no business on the damn roads.

?
What does it take in AZ to convert the salvage certificate to get them legally road worthy?

ben916
August 29th, 2014, 22:19

Thanks NAFTA!
All the FRONT BC cars and Sonoro cars SHOULDN'T be on US roads. PERIOD.
broken tail lights
bald tires
polluting
15 "people" with seatbelts for 5
Do these "people" carry US insurance?

/rant

lswing
August 29th, 2014, 22:30

Uh oh, here we go again....

Glad to hear it fired up! Now send me those 5 spoke wheels when you get tired of them...

DHall1
August 29th, 2014, 23:48
New set of pss ordered up and getting all 4 checked and painted. These are going on my Avus RS6.

Oh Ben! We cant take you anywhere.

Nafta ftw!!!!! Thank Clinton and Bush.......they saved Detroit!

Lol

!
Uh oh, here we go again....

Glad to hear it fired up! Now send me those 5 spoke wheels when you get tired of them...

Zorb
August 30th, 2014, 05:01
In Michigan, a salvage title can be converted with a safety equipment, brake and frame inspection.

papadoc
August 30th, 2014, 06:36
This must be what it's like when a guy starts talking about the great time he's having with the girl who just left you after you kissed her goodbye...:rs6kiss:

DHall1
August 31st, 2014, 04:12
Its all fun till you get up the next day and wonder which train ran over your back. Im too old for this sheet.

Moving under its own power! Exhaust off, wheels off and ready to drop off. Put the car out back for now.

DHall1
September 17th, 2014, 04:14
Fixing misc screwups

Dealer put the rotors on backwards.....geez, they only say L and R.

Sent the ecu back to APR to fix that screw up as well. All four programs loaded back on the ecu in addition to left foot braking. Ahhhhh no more duck foot rat. Just hold the brake and plant the right foot. Hang on idjuts. APR ecu going in my Daytona car and we are making a trip to the drags. Lol

Got a line on a few parts and would like to get it fixed this winter.

papadoc
September 17th, 2014, 04:56
APR ecu going in my Daytona car and we are making a trip to the drags. Lol

Glad to hear you got them to fix this, Dave. Please post numbers, never had the chance to do this and would like to see what you can do with the tune.

DHall1
September 17th, 2014, 05:35
Not a problem. I have been wanting to data log the APR program for some time now. Our good weather will soon be here and now with left foot braking...watch out.

Left foot braking is new to the game and i cant wait. I was in Minneapolis last weekend to see Pat and Kyle......Kyle had Viper tuning with left foot braking installed on my old car and it was perfect. All my cars will have left foot braking if it means i take out the Eurocharge and go Viper With #1.

Greyyork
September 19th, 2014, 19:16
1. You guys need some GO-PROS
2. you would love the roads in Europe...Germany particularly

DHall1
September 20th, 2014, 23:17
Got the APR package on Fri. Was talking to John in socal today about resetting his ecu and told him about the new car.

Guess what...he has a hood! What a group we have here.

DHall1
September 20th, 2014, 23:25
AC lines and rad support sourced.

Hood sourced.

Lou....you still have the IC shrouds and ducts.....what about auxiliary rads?

ttboost
September 21st, 2014, 13:41
I have Aux Rads.....

Bigglezworth
September 21st, 2014, 16:44
Lots of aux rads here too... lol

hahnmgh63
September 21st, 2014, 17:09
And here

lswing
September 21st, 2014, 23:28
AC lines and rad support sourced.

Hood sourced.

Lou....you still have the IC shrouds and ducts.....what about auxiliary rads?

Yea, got the shrouds and ducts, will try and send this week...

Greyyork
September 22nd, 2014, 04:57
Instead of selling our cars whole, why don't people just part out a perfectly good running car? I mean I know that sounds crazy, but I added up all these parts that people buy and what they go for...and it's more than what most people are getting for their car.

DHall1
September 27th, 2014, 03:53
I tried pulling out one of the trees on our property today. :-)

Pulled out the fender support to get rf tire clearance. I could make a tractor out of #3

4everRS
September 27th, 2014, 06:44
I have actually used my rs6 to pull out a bush in my yard, and get my lawn tractor out of being stuck in a snowbank last winter

MaxRS6
September 28th, 2014, 14:06
I tried pulling out one of the trees on our property today. :-)

Pulled out the fender support to get rf tire clearance. I could make a tractor out of #3

Go Pro vid would have been nice..00

Too funny

DHall1
October 11th, 2014, 05:59
APR is in the Daytona.

All 4 programs working as designed and left foot braking is the bomb!

APR is much better than Eurocharged in all phases. Holy cow

Glad to hear you got them to fix this, Dave. Please post numbers, never had the chance to do this and would like to see what you can do with the tune.

SteveKen
October 11th, 2014, 15:42
APR is still in business?