PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh. ABS Controller... Vcds can't connect to it...

Kgnast
August 24th, 2014, 21:56
Had the ensemble of dash lights on, ESP, abs, brake. Swapped out brake switch. Better for a day. ABS signal was intermittent. Now it's just gone. Like its not there. Any suggestions before biting the bullet and getting a freshy?

Kgnast
August 24th, 2014, 23:02
I've heard of. A couple of places, all of which have garnered positive reviews. CheapABS, ModuleMasters, and BBA Reman. Anyone here use any of these guys? CheapABS is currently the least expensive option.

MaxRS6
August 25th, 2014, 00:02
I used Module Masters to rebuild my cluster display long ago. They did the job and the cluster was all good- I can't speak to their ABS services.

kruat
August 25th, 2014, 00:43
Module masters made there name off abs controller rebuilds, I'd send mine there. I sent my S4 cluster there about a year ago, very happy with the service. Especially, since I tried replacing my lcd in my cluster prior, and screwed it up pretty good. Then fix my mistakes and the lcd.

hahnmgh63
August 25th, 2014, 01:26
I also used Module Masters for a mostly daily Audi tt Instrument Cluster and they did a great job. Also heard that they started out with ABS Controllers. BTW, their is an RS6 ABS Controller on Ebay I noticed last night just in case.

SteveKen
August 25th, 2014, 10:56
One of the 6MT conversion guys might be able to sell you the electronics module since this has to be swapped with the S6 one for the 6MT ECU.

Mr. Rictus
August 25th, 2014, 13:00
I'll vouch for Module Masters as well.

Kgnast
September 10th, 2014, 22:03
I've searched. Can't find the answer. Can anyone link me to a DIY on removing the ABS Module so I can send it out for repair? Or in the alternative, tell me where/how to remove it? Haven't been driving that beast at all and I have some downtime this week. It would be a good time to git er done.

RSoverAll
September 20th, 2014, 00:12
I've searched. Can't find the answer. Can anyone link me to a DIY on removing the ABS Module so I can send it out for repair? Or in the alternative, tell me where/how to remove it? Haven't been driving that beast at all and I have some downtime this week. It would be a good time to git er done.

Check this out, may not be exactly the same but should be pretty similar.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/419291-DIY-ABS-Module-replacement-in-Audi-A6

Kgnast
September 22nd, 2014, 14:15
Check this out, may not be exactly the same but should be pretty similar.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/419291-DIY-ABS-Module-replacement-in-Audi-A6

Thanks for the link. So it's the same procedure. Wheel off, liner out, can then get to the screws at the bottom of the module, module is out now. It's getting sent for fixing today.

RSoverAll
September 22nd, 2014, 23:01
Thanks for the link. So it's the same procedure. Wheel off, liner out, can then get to the screws at the bottom of the module, module is out now. It's getting sent for fixing today.

Did you end up going with Module Masters?