PDA

View Full Version : RS6 plus wreck, Europe

lswing
August 19th, 2014, 02:03
Here's the post, another one bites the dust. Interesting it was on PSS tires, sounds like lots of water and maybe some questionable driving, doh! And who knows how worn the tires were...plus they talk about possible failure with something else.

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111151

DHall1
August 19th, 2014, 04:10
I cant save that one.

Bigglezworth
August 19th, 2014, 05:55
Relax. My old man is a television repair man. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_Nod65e7o

Other_Erik
August 19th, 2014, 12:46
Quoting from the thread:

"Was shocked at how quickly it whipped across the motorway. Rear axle had snapped not sure if this happend on motorway or when it went though trees. My mate that was in the car at time works at northampton hospital so travels m1 everyday said the was a big scratch in road going in a arc off the motorway"

Sounds like (possibly) the rear axle snapped at speed and yanked him offroad. Definitely not a fun time for anyone involved. On the plus side, no fatalities, no major injuries (driver says the accelerator wrapped itself under the brake pedal and bruised his foot pretty well), and the owner may be able to buyback and part-out. AAAaaaand his offroad adventure took him through a bunch of small trees instead of one large one so it was quick deceleration instant of instant stop. Could have been much, much worse.

Wasn't someone here looking for a replacement long block, and others looking for RS6+ seats and blue'd CF interiors? Too bad US-based IP addresses can't register over on the rs246 board, or I'd offer just that advice. He'll get more out of the longblock and interior bits than his insurance would give him for the writeoff...

O_E

lswing
August 19th, 2014, 14:36
^^I registered with rs246.com, seen a few other of us Yanks on there as well, as they say...maybe it went through because I was on an iPad???, dunno...registered about a year ago.