PDA

View Full Version : am I really going to have to part this out???

Travis
August 13th, 2014, 17:39

due to some financial changes in my life ive been forced to put the beast up for sale, been listed for a couple months now and I cant seem to get $11,950 (what I owe on it). 107k prior mechanical salvage (all taken care of) only thing wrong with it is a leaking DRC line that I cant afford to fix. id hate to part out a perfectly fine RS6 but my options are running low... any opinions guys? fyi, car did get the full 110k service this spring ($2,200).

converted to S6 brakes by previous owner (less than 1,000 miles on Hawk pads and slotted rotors)
black interior with wood trim (very good condition)
new battery, alternator, air filters, cabin filter, plugs, and tires within the last 10k miles (tires under 500 miles)

is 11,950 really asking to much for this?

Travis
August 13th, 2014, 17:42
craigslist minnesota→minneapolis→ 2003 Audi RS6 for more details (phone is having issues with posting the link at the moment)

DHall1
August 13th, 2014, 18:23
Let me call Pat

Send me a pm with your info

August 14th, 2014, 05:25
Jesus....I go to Minnie every weekend....you're killing me....leaking DRC...hmm....I'm going to need a car in Minnie soon. When was the trans, T/C replaced? ...Hmmm....wife says we don't have an Avus one....

DHall1
August 14th, 2014, 06:36
Late vin

Good to go

G2
August 14th, 2014, 07:09
Ebay and AutoTrader are good for exposure if someone here doesn't make a move.

S6 brakes-- interesting.

Best of luck.

Other_Erik
August 14th, 2014, 12:38
Put it up on audizine / vwvortex. It'll go to someone with some love for german engineering, and will probably be able to sell pretty quickly for more than just what you owe on it.

Good luck!
O_E

lswing
August 14th, 2014, 13:30
S6 brakes? This is a downgrade to save money correct? If so I think I remember someone posting about that a few years back, not the car to be cutting corners on. Pricing seems fine, just need to find the right buyer...get quotes to fix stuff from a good local mechanic, can take the fear out of it for the future buyer.

SteveKen
August 14th, 2014, 13:42
When all is said and done, you will be lucky to get 10k by parting it out. You need a lot of time (which doesn't help you at all) and room and patience.

Keep at it and you will find someone to buy it.

Bigglezworth
August 14th, 2014, 15:35
Nothing wrong with the price by any means IMO.

August 14th, 2014, 19:31
Price is great. Suspension is an easy $600 fix if you don't get fancy.

yokust
August 15th, 2014, 04:23
I sadly think the price is way way to high.

Sadly with a salvage title, car is maybe worth $9000 range. And that is pushing it really to me.

Thing to remember, that most people looking at this car are going to get a bank loan to buy it. A bank loan requires full coverage insurance. A car with a salvage title, alot of insurance companies will not give you full comprehensive coverage on a vehicle. Doesnt matter what it was salvaged for. And a bank may not give a loan on a car to someone if it has a salvage title.

There are a a few of these cars around the 100k to 130k mileage, without a salvage title going for the 13k

papadoc
August 15th, 2014, 06:34
I sadly think the price is way way to high.

Sadly with a salvage title, car is maybe worth $9000 range. And that is pushing it really to me.

Thing to remember, that most people looking at this car are going to get a bank loan to buy it. A bank loan requires full coverage insurance. A car with a salvage title, alot of insurance companies will not give you full comprehensive coverage on a vehicle. Doesnt matter what it was salvaged for. And a bank may not give a loan on a car to someone if it has a salvage title.

There are a a few of these cars around the 100k to 130k mileage, without a salvage title going for the 13k

Hmmm, you are giving me something to consider here. I was not aware of this. At the same time, taking out a loan for this car with the potential costs of ownership seems a bit strange to me. No loans for timing belt service...

Travis
August 15th, 2014, 13:25
banks and insurance look at mechanical salvages completely differently. I had zero issues getting a loan on the car, the bank actually valued the car at 18k 2 years ago. insurance and bank both told me the same thing, collision salvage; 40% of bluebook, mechanical salvage 70% of blue book. the problem is mechanical salvages are rare, in any vehicle, so no one knows what their worth in comparison to a collision salvage.

Travis
August 15th, 2014, 13:41

no issues whatsoever getting insurance. all they said was "you"ll get 70% of bluebook in the event you total the car"

papadoc
August 15th, 2014, 15:03

no issues whatsoever getting insurance. all they said was "you"ll get 70% of bluebook in the event you total the car"
That's very helpful. You might note on another thread here that I am in the process of deciding whether to fix my car after my son lost a duel with a chain link fence a few weeks ago. I suppose this varies by insurance company, but good to know that a salvage title does not eliminate possibility of loans and insurance.

August 15th, 2014, 20:43
Did this car come out of NorCal a year or two ago? Was it a lemon buyback for Audi?

yokust
August 16th, 2014, 03:00

Not all banks and insurances are the same also.

If it was your car when it was "salvaged" they almost always insure you still.

But if you are trying to buy a car with a salvage title, every bank and insurance company has the right to not offer the loan or coverage. And have known lots of people that got told by their insurance company they would only offer liability for the car. Which means no bank will offer a loan for the car

yokust
August 16th, 2014, 03:05
All I am saying, is for a car with the wrong brakes on the car, which are not cheap to replace. And a salvage title. 11k is too high in my opinion.

There are 2 RS6's on craigs right now, one with 110k and one with 125k for $12k and $13k.

Which if those cars are selling for $13k, 70% of that value is $9100. Which is all insurance would pay out on your car. SO paying $11k for a car and knowing insurance would only pay out $9k seems like a kick in the crotch before you even drive the car

lswing
August 16th, 2014, 03:31
If those cars are going for that price then something is broken too. Trans/suspension/maintenance...

Got some links for kicks?

hahnmgh63
August 16th, 2014, 03:46
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4571954077.html

Travis
August 17th, 2014, 19:58
the car had the salvage title long before I bought it. and I called several insurance companies before picking american family, they had the best price, not one place said they wouldnt put full coverage on it. I feel like a lot of the "slavage title facts" that everyone thinks are all hear-say. does anyone besides me actually have first hand experience with a salvage title car?

Bigglezworth
August 17th, 2014, 20:28
the car had the salvage title long before I bought it. and I called several insurance companies before picking american family, they had the best price, not one place said they wouldnt put full coverage on it. I feel like a lot of the "slavage title facts" that everyone thinks are all hear-say. does anyone besides me actually have first hand experience with a salvage title car?The black beast I just bought a few months ago has a salvage title on it from 2005. I have NO problems whatsoever with insuring it. I researched the history, confirmed the repairs, had third party inspection, and purchased.

yokust
August 18th, 2014, 16:35
I was posting because I have actually gone thru it with insurance companies, and so has my brother.

Progressive who I have(which used to be awesome, have turned into complete dicks anymore) would not give me full coverage on a Touareg V10, they would only offer liability not comprehensive, which was totaled due to vandalism and fully repaired.

My younger brother has Allstate, and they would only offer the 70% of cars value on a newer Golf R that was totalled for hail damage and repaired. Local smaller bank would not offer a loan on a salvage title car, and went thru a credit union, but the credit required him to put more money down due to the 70% value of car insurance clause.