PDA

View Full Version : Thanks all....Thing 1, 2, and 3...

August 9th, 2014, 05:03
No CEL....no issues....just fun! Couldn't have done it without this forum.....thanks all!:addict:

Zmey
August 9th, 2014, 06:10
Mind sharing the wealth a little? That red is looking at me and prefers to be with me.

MaxRS6
August 10th, 2014, 02:49
Vedy nice barn and sleds!

kruat
August 10th, 2014, 04:07
Three rs6s? Glutton for punishment huh?

Bigglezworth
August 10th, 2014, 04:23
Three rs6s? Glutton for punishment huh?One for summer, one for winter, and one for spare parts...

SA RS6
August 10th, 2014, 23:31
One for summer, one for winter, and one for spare parts...

lol what if the one for parts had bad/broken parts that you are needing? then what do you do?

DHall1
August 10th, 2014, 23:45
Buy a 4th

lswing
August 11th, 2014, 00:56
So patriotic...very nice!

Bigglezworth
August 11th, 2014, 01:52
lol what if the one for parts had bad/broken parts that you are needing? then what do you do?Well, when I had 2, I had a situation whereupon both were out of service due to mechanical problems. The first ride (summer car) was having a transmission swap being performed (big surprise there right...), and the second ride (winter car) had left me stranded with a broken front passenger drive axle that failed in -35C temps near a shopping mall. I couldn't tow the second back to the garage to repair because I had the first apart with the tranny swap so I left it at the parking lot of the shopping mall I managed to get it pulled in to. I then had to wait for the weather to warm up from arctic temps to a more reasonable -10 temperature range so that I could complete the axle repair outside at the location it failed at. Bonus was that with the one apart with the tranny swap, I merely had to pinch the drive axle already sitting on the bench to use as a quick repair to the stranded ride.

Since that point I told myself I had three options. 1. Get rid of all the Audi's and purchase something newer and less prone to drastic failure (when it occurs). Difficult to get anything as good as the AWD platform for winter conditions in my neck of the woods; 2. Get another vehicle for the collection - A tow truck....; 3. Get a 3rd beast to pinch parts from as required or to fill in when one or both of the others are having maintenance/repair performed. Although #2 carries a lot of weight, I elected to do #3. A few months later now and I will be pulling back to 2 rides instead of 3, and by spring next year might even pull back to one.

Korben007
August 11th, 2014, 07:21
Should convert one to wagon!

Bigglezworth
August 11th, 2014, 07:53
Should convert one to wagon!I don't need/desire one that bad to go through all the effort. I will likely look to procure one from Europe or the UK in another 3 years.

Bigglezworth
August 13th, 2014, 21:13
Pulled the one beast around the rear to fill up a low tire. Figured I'd take a quick photo of the carnage in my garage. Gray beast is dealing with a vibrating drive train (believe it's the central shaft support bearing). Blue beast needs some attention for a leaky seal on the passenger turbo and a timing related matter. Black beast is active and tearing up the streets.

lswing
August 13th, 2014, 21:24
Very nice Bigglez...:addict:

DHall1
August 14th, 2014, 00:38
Holy cowtown!

Where is all the snow

ttboost
August 14th, 2014, 00:53
Tim, I have my original driveshaft and it's in pretty good shape, if you're interested...

Bigglezworth
August 14th, 2014, 03:52
Tim, I have my original driveshaft and it's in pretty good shape, if you're interested...Thx Mike. Just ordered the 034 Motorsport Support Bearing (http://store.034motorsport.com/driveshaft-support-b6-b7-audi-s4-v8.html) though and will look to swap the item out in a couple of weeks. Vibration was getting progressively worse (to the point I thought I was losing a wheel), and it was worse under load (both engine load and weight load). There was pronounced movement up and down at the midpoint where the support bearing was even through the rubber was still in tact. Starting with the most difficult item and then will move outwards to each drive axle. Wheels have been ruled out.

T.

August 14th, 2014, 04:28
Pulled the one beast around the rear to fill up a low tire. Figured I'd take a quick photo of the carnage in my garage. Gray beast is dealing with a vibrating drive train (believe it's the central shaft support bearing). Blue beast needs some attention for a leaky seal on the passenger turbo and a timing related matter. Black beast is active and tearing up the streets.

Dang!! I feel not so bad.....wifey got me some track time for my birthday....loved it.

Although I could smell the money going up in smoke.....

DHall1
August 14th, 2014, 06:39
Looks like some fun.

I could use a red one....hmmm

lswing
August 14th, 2014, 13:35
Let me help you guys out. Starting an Audiholics Anonymous group for you. I'll need one of each of your cars to begin with...

August 14th, 2014, 20:34
Let me help you guys out. Starting an Audiholics Anonymous group for you. I'll need one of each of your cars to begin with...

From Vegas Vacation "Tell you what Griswold, why don't you just give me half your money, we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day"

Kinda what it feels like owning an RS some days. But the track day made up for it :addict: