PDA

View Full Version : G28 engine speed sensor help

Beardown1
August 6th, 2014, 07:32
"The second pic above posted by nene is correct on the location. The first pic just shows where the plug connects up on the Firewall. It is an easy swap and definitely doesn't need the engine lowered. I could probably remove the CV splash plate and have it swapped out in 30min or less, and that's only if I was going slow."

Okay I've been at this for hours....how to heck do you loosen the 10mm bolt holding the G28 sensor? Removing the splash plate didn't help at all. The fricken turbo down pipe is smack dab in the way and trying from underneath I can't get a wrench on it. WTF!!!

Beardown1
August 15th, 2014, 03:28
Never mind got it myself. What the heck happened to this forum? Used to be 10 people would have useful advice for you if you asked a question like this. I hope it's just a super busy time of year for everybody.......yeah that's the ticket!

nene
August 16th, 2014, 04:03
I really wish I could have helped, but the mechanic did the work, and did not really do a good job explaining how he ever got it out. But I could see his fingers were chewed up a bit.

Glad you got it out though. I think most folks are on vacation this time of year, and things end up being a bit slow here.

fbatwork
December 28th, 2014, 00:29
Ok so I started working on replacing this today... after some frustration I got the bolt out... now what about the sensor itself? Anything else need to be removed?

Beardown1
December 31st, 2014, 15:52
It should just pop out with some persuasion......the hard part is getting it back in and bolted up.

Bigglezworth
December 31st, 2014, 18:01
QUOTE=Beardown1;269986]It should just pop out with some persuasion......the hard part is getting it back in and bolted up.[/QUOTE]Ditto this.