PDA

View Full Version : My car is for sale. And I am motivated.

RAUDI
July 25th, 2014, 18:53
$20,000 obro

You have seen the build thread. If not, it is here:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26335-6MT-Conversion-Project

Current list of major cons. There are minor ones too, but that will be with any old car.

800 Needs tune
500-1000 A/C compressor needs to be removed and emptied then recharge system(high number would be if compressor gets replaced)
350ish Starter (needs either a new starter or the bendix needs greased)
0-800-inf Clutch started to slip (may have oil on it, may need to be replaced)

I have put about 12k worth of parts into this car over the last year. I have an excel spreadsheet with every penny spent if you are an interested buyer.

Auto transmission still available too.

I am very motivated.

Please contact me if you are interested.
Greg
757-955-0954

v8a6
July 25th, 2014, 20:40
Good luck with sale. I am reposting your link on AudiRevolution for increased exposure. Looks like a beautiful car. If I had the money I would be all over it.

CBeau
July 25th, 2014, 21:08
Why are there so many cars sold so shortly after MT swap? I'd really like to do it someday but the track record frightens me.

nubcake
July 25th, 2014, 21:16
It turns out to be very ummmmm "special" car. It's not as nimble as an RS4 B5. It's not too fast, it takes some effort to drive it efficiently, it can be very tiresome to drive in traffic. That being said, I have put around 2K kilometers on mine since the conversion and it's not exactly "done" yet. I'm not thinking about selling yet. ;)

RAUDI
July 26th, 2014, 02:55
I can't speak for others, but I am just tapped out after this much time and investment. It's a great and fun car that will bring someone else tons of joy. I did the laundry. They can do the ironing. I meant it about making me an offer. I'm ready to move on. I haven't decided on a follow on. I want a Cadillac. I should get something like an Escape.

I drove an RS5 today. It was awesome but didn't feel any faster that the 6. Oh and it was 75 thousand buckaroos.

RAUDI
July 26th, 2014, 03:31
And by that analogy Steve made the clothes.

RAUDI
July 26th, 2014, 14:11
Thank you for the repost.

Good luck with sale. I am reposting your link on AudiRevolution for increased exposure. Looks like a beautiful car. If I had the money I would be all over it.

Corbett
July 26th, 2014, 21:54
I posted this on the b5 s4 owners group on the facebooks.

sorry to see all this happen man. My only suggestion other than selling is to get her finished and enjoy it. You spent all that time and money just to have someone else enjoy it! I hope you change your mind. If not, good luck with sale!

RAUDI
July 28th, 2014, 17:25
Thanks for the reposts and interest guys. I wish I didn't have to do this, but sea duty is coming up quickly and possibly a move. I just need something that gets me a-b with a warranty for a few years.

Chung
August 4th, 2014, 02:24
I think people wait until I buy a car then make these for sale. I know the cool thing to do is own two of these beasts but I cannot justify it. Good luck on the sale.

jibberjive
August 4th, 2014, 02:42
Car is sold;)

Bigglezworth
August 4th, 2014, 03:32
I know the cool thing to do is own two of these beasts but I cannot justify it.
Double the cost of ownership, double the quantity of failure, double the cost of repair.... Oh, and double the amount of space to store. One for summer and one for winter! ;)

ben916
August 4th, 2014, 07:22
Double the cost of ownership, double the quantity of failure, double the cost of repair.... Oh, and double the amount of space to store. One for summer and one for winter! ;)

Sounds like a gum commercial...

RAUDI
August 4th, 2014, 21:12
Jibberjive is right. There has been a deposit placed. Working on the details and logistics. I bought a Kia Optima EX Hybrid. The exact opposite, but so stinking nice. I'm sure that I'll do another project someday when I get the time.

Zmey
August 5th, 2014, 02:49
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, hope to see something soon from you. Sorry for how everything turned out.

Korben007
August 8th, 2014, 18:53
Did you cut your balls off 2?

Nice purchase jibber jive!

ben916
August 8th, 2014, 22:18
Jibberjive is right. There has been a deposit placed. Working on the details and logistics. I bought a Kia Optima EX Hybrid. The exact opposite, but so stinking nice. I'm sure that I'll do another project someday when I get the time.

Is there another car in the garage that has skinny pedal effectiveness?
'Cause I am here to let ya know that once the 4.2TT is out of the garage and something else is there, you slam the skinny pedal to the floor and your instant reaction is "Where's the Boost?!?!?"

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tacoma but as impressive and powerful and macho the plate bumper is, it seriously lacks the power (but that isn't the real point of the Tacoma now is it?).
Wondering if a 4.2TT would fit....

DHall1
August 8th, 2014, 23:05
Where is the boost!

My new motto.

Zmey
August 9th, 2014, 02:02
Did you cut your balls off 2?

Lol me? If yes...

I'm still working on mine, my thread got deleted so there is no updates. This weekend it will be done.

hahnmgh63
August 9th, 2014, 05:03
Congrats

Zmey
August 9th, 2014, 06:12
Congrats

Thank you, I'll post after I'm done.

Aronis
August 9th, 2014, 21:12
Still got my boost!!

Finally have alcohol free gas in my area and the full power and gas mileage is back!

alrightroad
August 9th, 2014, 21:33
Thank you, I'll post after I'm done.

Congrats.

DHall1
August 10th, 2014, 05:16
Sum bi#ch!!!!

One can only hope

Still got my boost!!

Finally have alcohol free gas in my area and the full power and gas mileage is back!