PDA

View Full Version : Latest DRC OEM pricing

FlyWFO
July 11th, 2014, 02:45
I thought OEM struts were $1000+ apiece...

Until I priced them today.

petzl21
July 11th, 2014, 02:58
What are they each. I was curious as it didn't state a price on receipt when they were replaced under warranty.

FlyWFO
July 11th, 2014, 03:16
somewhere around $700 for the set... list.
I'm still thinking of installing myself; dealer wants $950 to do the job (including DRC service but not alignment). Do you have an extended warranty, or do you have intel I can use to get it done on Audi's nickel?

lswing
July 11th, 2014, 03:46
Koni yellows $650, very good ride with stock springs.

mik15
July 11th, 2014, 07:10
where did you get that price quote? even though the struts might be cheap now, the reservoirs are still very expensive and that alone will set you back around $3k...and if you've never had it replaced they might as well be in need for a replacement...

marklar182
July 11th, 2014, 14:15
Audi is done with free DRC.

Dmb408
July 11th, 2014, 19:07
check out the VW closeout site! Don't make the same mistake I did a month ago (when I didn't know about that site and paid list for a strut). They had two of our struts on there. And...I just looked and they are gone. But if my memory serves they were closeout for like 70 bucks a piece. http://www.vwparts.com/parts-outlet-center/index.php

mik15
July 11th, 2014, 20:16
check also jimellisvwparts, looks like they're on sale, at least 3 of them...probably because nobody buys it anymore :)

FlyWFO
July 15th, 2014, 02:01
Quote from dealer... was going coil over, but DRC system is working fine... RT RR and LT FT just have rebound problem. But I'm WIDE open to suggestions. In another thread I asked what becomes of the accumulators, etc. if I change to a more standard (i.e. sans fluid) setup..

mik15
July 15th, 2014, 05:32
you can simply leave the accumulators where they are now, it's not like you wouldd save a log of weight by removing it, they're pretty light and due their location you won't be bothered by it....

hahnmgh63
July 16th, 2014, 02:50
The accumulators just bolt onto the front side of the spare wheel well from underneath and are easy to remove, a couple of pounds apiece. Just to do a clean install I removed the accumulators and all of the hydraulic fluid cross piping, pretty much just brakeline pipes going to diagonal sides.