PDA

View Full Version : one hot RS6

mik15
July 3rd, 2014, 18:55
and it went up to 54C today, at least that's what my RS gauge showed :)

Bigglezworth
July 3rd, 2014, 21:07
Holy hell!

SA RS6
July 3rd, 2014, 21:15
WOW!! and i thought Texas was hot!

mik15
July 3rd, 2014, 21:21
yeap...and it is not suitable for such a car, even though if you drive it as any other car it does do rather very well, just had the AC serviced last week and it is now strong and cold, however if you start beating it you'll immediately feel is down on power, i mean if you're used to its power, otherwise for a non RS6 user would still be great :)

all in all this car is on its 10th hot summer and still going strong :), some say that a warm and hot in the summer climate do better to a car than a cold climate or one where the temperature varies from say 30C in the summer and then -15/20C in winter, as we have in Europe where i am from, due tot he high range differences...don't know what to say about that, i definitely prefer the European climate, this hot one does take its toll over time on people and machines, a lot of equipment fails here much more often due to heat and dust and many people are asthmatic or develop skin cancer due to the burning sun :(

Texas is hot, but is dry, here humidity amplifies the perception of heat, if it's 40C feels like 50C or over when humidity is close to %80-%90 :)

SA RS6
July 3rd, 2014, 23:05
Oh yea the days it's humid round here, it feels like hell. I can only imagine 120 degrees lol. It usually only gets up to about 110 in the summer in San Antonio, but down in Corpus Christi it gets up to 100+ with 100% humidity sometimes. I agree with you though, when it gets 100+ you can feel the car suffer, that's why I'm gonna get water meth done, better oil/trans cooler and maybe get some good vents done, only way to combat the heat.

DHall1
July 3rd, 2014, 23:14
It has been 110+ all week but no monsoons yet this year. That is about to change...here comes the humidity! Packin the motorhome for a two week trip to the Oregon coast. See ya suckers

and it went up to 54C today, at least that's what my RS gauge showed :)

lswing
July 3rd, 2014, 23:35
Holy hot....it was reading 100 here a few days ago, car felt super hot, guess it can take a lot more. Thundershowers just hit again, time for a drive:)