PDA

View Full Version : Canadian RS6 owners ..

coughpls
June 17th, 2014, 19:04
Been lurking for a while .. I don't own a RS6 .. I do have a C5 S6 6speed .. so not a bad 2nd place option.

Question .. I have seen some posts from Canadian RS6 owners who have mentioned the idea, in two years, of importing a European rs6.

Does anyone know what the process would be for that?

I am about to leave for the UK for 3wks and was going to do some digging around .. in terms of what might be for sale .. but more importantly maybe get a relationship going with a dealer or something .. is this worth the time?

Thanks.

ben916
June 17th, 2014, 19:26
C5 RS6 UK with right side drive?
C6 RS6 petrol thirsty V10 TT to squish a GT-R?
C7 RS6? - if cost isn't a limitation :)

Assuming a C5: most in the UK are right side drive and avant, which would appeal to many on this side of the pond.

I would check with Canada Import/Export regulations and whatever transportation authority there is on vehicle safety regs.
Also how does Can use the equivalent to a US VIN for an export car?

Bigglezworth
June 17th, 2014, 21:48
15 year RIV ban expires for 2002 C5 models in 2017. The process for importing from across the pond are pretty much the same as importing from the US. Go to RIV.ca and check out the FAQ there, or call if them if you have any more questions.

hahnmgh63
June 17th, 2014, 21:54
For the U.S. they have to be 25yrs or older I believe to be exempt. Most of those older cars you want are now becoming expensive classics. May you Northerners will become our conduit??? Wonder if you'll be able to re-import a car to the U.S. from Canada if it was imported under those rules into Canada from Europe?

DHall1
June 18th, 2014, 07:41
You can drive the sum bi#$h on US soil with Canada plates.

Snowbirds do it every year.....1/2 of AZ has Canada plates in the winter. The other 1/2 are illegals.