PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2003 RS6 6 speed

716YETI
June 13th, 2014, 16:19
Steve Kendrish installed the tranny and did a ton of maintenance at the same time. I have only driven the car a few thousand miles since he did all of the work. I believe he will back me up in saying the car is pretty nice.

Here are some mods...
meth injection - epl custom dyno tune - custom downpipes & exhaust - Wagner ICs - Blouch hybrid turbos - Hyperboost diverter valves - turbo timer - kw v3 coilovers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA31D1414723) - Hotchkis Sport Sway bars (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=sway+bars) - 6 speed transmission - Southbend Stage 4 clutch.

The dyno sheet from the previous owner was at 444awhp. I added the Wagners. IIRC Steve said he gained almost 15% just from the manual transmission. The car scoots pretty well.
The car has been in storage since November 2013. (I did notice a tiny puddle of oil under it.) The car has about 89000 miles on it.

Daytona Grey with Ebony interior.

Asking price: $40,000. (I purchased the car for $30,000 and put over $20,000 into it.)

716YETI
June 16th, 2014, 18:18
A hundred views and no response?!? Not even, "You are crazy for asking that much!" or whatever?

Avus-RS6
June 17th, 2014, 05:37
Are you crazy asking that much?!??!??! ;-)

What is the current HP/TQ figures? I think for that price you should have this documented, not to mention sorting out the oil leak.

Good luck with the sale.

716YETI
June 17th, 2014, 14:40
Maybe I will get it dynoed again, I am curious to see how much the Wagners added because people claim 60hp but I find that hard to believe. Also, how many more torques get to the wheels with the manual transmission.
I will look into the oil leak once I get it out of storage. The roads are so bad after last winter I have not really been motivated to even get it out on the road. :(

ben916
June 17th, 2014, 17:03
photos might help

Dmb408
June 17th, 2014, 18:00
Is the clutch broken in or easy to operate (free bump in the form of a question)?

716YETI
June 18th, 2014, 03:40
I will get some pictures of the current set up. The only pictures I have do not show the stock wheels. The windows were black so I removed the front tint also.

The clutch is easy but has a little of the typical chatter when starting out.

Turbowned
June 23rd, 2014, 15:59
Sounds like an awesome car; pictures and a better description would help your case an awful lot, as would fixing the oil leak. My car doesn't leak a drop and I'd be lucky to sell it for $22k bone stock. $40k is steep for an 11yr-old Audi; most people think I'm crazy for having paid $25k for mine!

Avus-RS6
July 14th, 2014, 18:12
I think 50 photos, dyno sheet and perfect condition might help in selling this car for the listed price. What's the status, Yeti? Would love to see he bar rise for RS6 MT prices.

716YETI
July 14th, 2014, 18:21
I just got it out of storage last night, it fired up and ran great on the way home. I will get photos and a dyno sheet if I can find the time to get it to a dyno.
The "asking" price is just a starting point. No where does it say firm. ;)

716YETI
July 14th, 2014, 23:36
I checked the odo, 85,000 miles not 89,000 miles. I will be adding miles now that the car is out of storage.

716YETI
July 15th, 2014, 03:03
I just took it out for a spin, I almost forgot how super fast this thing is. :)
It makes my Carrera S feel s...l...o...w.

ttboost
August 7th, 2014, 13:19
Manual trans adds WAY more to the wheels. I'll have to look around, but I seem to recall 40-60whp on EPL's dyno...
I gave my manual car away for $22k...Mugello on Ebony and it was pretty nice...$40k will be a stretch...Unfortunately, I think you'll be lucky to get half of your asking...market BLOWS right now... I can't even give away my SL65...and I'm willing to take a $8k hit...Good luck with sale...

716YETI
August 7th, 2014, 16:07
I realize upgrades are not a good investment but with all that has been done to this car I hoping to fetch a decent amount of money. The $40,000 is just a starting point so no one thinks they are going to get this thing for a song. I still need to get pictures and dyno numbers, I have just been super busy this summer.

716YETI
August 7th, 2014, 16:08
I could easily get pictures but I want to install the new headlights first because the car will look much better.

Bdubs
August 7th, 2014, 16:56
Pics or GTFO.

J/k.

But really, you need to post pictures cause no self respecting enthusiast gets all lathered up for a car they can't see...and at your mod list and asking price, you need someone lathered up nice and good...

DHall1
August 7th, 2014, 16:58
Still no pictures?

ttboost
August 7th, 2014, 17:51
Pictures? Why? You guys have never seen a RS6 before?:addict:

These rare cars are hard to sell? I paid $25k for mine, my manual swap cost me about $4k all in, plus odds and ends along the way, got me to almost $32k...

Wilcox13
September 1st, 2014, 13:12
Any updates?

Dmb408
September 1st, 2014, 15:42
Does it have factory nav or did you put in rns-e? What was wrong with the headlights on now? Please post pics.

716YETI
September 3rd, 2014, 16:26
I just stopped by my local restoration guy this morning to get a quote on fixing some paint on the car and installing the new headlights. I think the new headlights will make the car look ten times better, the old are showing their age.

716YETI
September 3rd, 2014, 16:30
Note: The paint work is cosmetic, no damage to any metal.

RS2racer
September 6th, 2014, 14:15
Steve Kendrish installed the tranny and did a ton of maintenance at the same time. I have only driven the car a few thousand miles since he did all of the work. I believe he will back me up in saying the car is pretty nice.

Here are some mods...
meth injection - epl custom dyno tune - custom downpipes & exhaust - Wagner ICs - Blouch hybrid turbos - Hyperboost diverter valves - turbo timer - kw v3 coilovers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA31D1414723) - Hotchkis Sport Sway bars (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=sway+bars) - 6 speed transmission - Southbend Stage 4 clutch.

The dyno sheet from the previous owner was at 444awhp. I added the Wagners. IIRC Steve said he gained almost 15% just from the manual transmission. The car scoots pretty well.
The car has been in storage since November 2013. (I did notice a tiny puddle of oil under it.) The car has about 89000 miles on it.

Daytona Grey with Ebony interior.

Asking price: $40,000. (I purchased the car for $30,000 and put over $20,000 into it.)

I've been a long time lurker, but TTBoost is a friend. His old RS6 was supposed to be mine but the timing sucked, been in his and considering it was almost immaculate with 19' forged Volks TE 37's and that it sold for $22k .... I am a real buyer at the $20-22k level if yours is as nice.

Also, I am in the Albany area- so shipping isn't necessary... I am however coming close to making a move on my next toy, so by the end of next week I plan on buying something.

If you'd like , email me at rs2racer@gmail to discuss .

Thanks in advance,

Mike Lardizabal

716YETI
September 6th, 2014, 15:27
For those who don't know what an RS6 looks like. ;) (Sorry about the rain.)

716YETI
September 6th, 2014, 15:37
I won't sell it for $22,000, I will just keep it rather than let it go for that little. Thanks though.

Wilcox13
September 7th, 2014, 21:16
Had the opportunity to test drive the 2003 RS6 6 speed.

I am in the market for a used performance car. I was drawn to the RS6 based on its specs. and the all wheel drive. Concern for the torque converter lead me a manual transmission.

The test drive confirmed my interest in the car. The torque is phenomenal--it responds in any gear from 3rd to 6th, even uphill. Mike thinks it will run a sub-12 second quarter mile. I agree.

Although it is not my top priority this car was meticulously cared for. Any slight imperfection has been or is in the process of being fixed.

The reason I did not make an offer is the concern for operating cost. For example, Mike said two headlights he purchased cost $1300.

Although I hate to walk away, I cannot take the risk.

na1mt
September 7th, 2014, 21:51
Shouldn't you have thought about that before you went for a joyride in someone's car????

716YETI
September 8th, 2014, 17:19
He was genuinely interested, I may have scared him off when discussing repair costs of Audis. lol

I am glad he drove it so at least I have a testimonial from someone that this car is legit. :)

RS2racer
September 8th, 2014, 18:56
I won't sell it for $22,000, I will just keep it rather than let it go for that little. Thanks though.

I totally understand- worth can only truly be measured by the owner. Cheers.

Mike

Avus-RS6
September 8th, 2014, 20:01
I've been a long time lurker, but TTBoost is a friend. His old RS6 was supposed to be mine but the timing sucked, been in his and considering it was almost immaculate with 19' forged Volks TE 37's and that it sold for $22k .... I am a real buyer at the $20-22k level if yours is as nice.

Mike Lardizabal

Just because TT gave his away doesn't mean that is what Yeti's car is worth. You should have definitely jumped on that at $22K. Sportec R600 car sold for what recently? (really, I don't know but it was much more) It has its engine out and is being rebuilt with LOTS of $$$ still to be spent.

Yeti, I think $30K is a better price for your car, spit shined with dyno sheets, and you'll likely get it or close to it if properly marketed, not just on RS6.com where the mystique of these cars is pretty much gone. RS6 + Hybrids and meth + manual trans is an amazing combination, and rare one at that. Autotrader, ebay, craitslist, basically full market exposure should yield good results. You'll get tons of calls and emails, sure, but that's what it takes to realize full market value sometimes.

Good luck!

716YETI
September 8th, 2014, 20:45
Thanks Avus.

Does anyone know how many 6 speeds are out there? Highly(somewhat) modified 6 speeds? This car/set-up is pretty rare.

G2
September 10th, 2014, 07:58
The only ones I've seen command that price level are extremely low mileage stock pampered garage queens (Kings in this case).

With more of the money moving to the newer models, could see the next 5 years being really hard on these cars as the market sees a new influx of these cars coming onto the market....

Seller of my car moved into a new Q7 TDI and didn't want to accept the ridiculous trade in "value". Subsequently bought mine for under 20K with only 72K on it. And always a west coast car.....

Best of luck, prove us wrong.

Bigglezworth
September 12th, 2014, 04:10
OP. You will eventually realize that the car will only sell for what someone is willing to pay for it. That number is in all likelihood to be less than what you desire. Not good news, not bad news - just the news. At the end of the day it's still a 10 year old RS6 irrespective of how little or how much it's been driven, and irrespective ouf what 'mods' have been made to it. Not everyone wants the hassle of the 6MT. Not everyone values the big $$ you have spent on various bolt on items that may or may not make it a tad quicker than other RS6's that are just tuned or the like. I have had many performance cars over the years and still have a more than decent stable out back. I learned a long time ago that mods on a car never increase it's value when it comes time to sell. You will always be further ahead financially to sell a car in good OEM condition and sell the after market parts separately.

Anyway it sounds like another nice ride. Best of success with your sale. I will look to add a 6MT to my stable at some point also, but need to sell one or two of the trio already sitting here first. lol

716YETI
September 15th, 2014, 16:27
One of the many reasons I would not pay $20,000 for a stock RS6 is because Audi automatic transmissions were complete rubbish. Not only has the performance been upgraded but, the 3 weakest links of this car have been eliminated changing it from a quick money trap to a quite fast and much more reliable and fun vehicle.
I guess what I am saying is, this car has been transformed so comparing it to stock is pointless.
My 2 cents. :)

Bigglezworth
September 15th, 2014, 18:38
One of the many reasons I would not pay $20,000 for a stock RS6 is because Audi automatic transmissions were complete rubbish. Not only has the performance been upgraded but, the 3 weakest links of this car have been eliminated changing it from a quick money trap to a quite fast and much more reliable and fun vehicle.
I guess what I am saying is, this car has been transformed so comparing it to stock is pointless.
My 2 cents. :)While I don't disagree with your points, many others will. The majority of owners (as confirmed with numerous posts on numerous threads), prefer the auto. This car isn't a 25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special, but entirely the opposite as a refined luxury sport that you take your wife in and go on road trips with. Many (if not most) owners don't desire sitting in traffic with a worn out left leg simply to experience 'fun' as you put it. The plethora of OEM tranny's have already failed - no dispute. They have since all been replaced with a different tranny with different build specs and different TQ. In being on this forum and a couple of others, I can count only one instance whereupon the replaced unit failed a second time. Yes it costs $6-8K to replace a tranny (irrespective of whether it's 5Tip or 6MT), and doing so is just a cost of being the person who first had the tranny fail.

As for suspensions - yes it costs to replace the illfated DRC if you so choose. Suspensions can be altered for as little as $500-$600 skins which is cheaper than the price of maintaining the front brakes. Bottomline I remain of opinion that whether you have a 5Tip or a 6MT though, you don't end up with a vehicle that appreciates in value due to 'the weakest link' being changed and other upgrades that the next person in line to buy might not share your same personal taste. Only you as a seller will be able to determine if this is in fact the case. Given that you are still trying to sell your car for a price that exceeds the 45+ cars out there currently for sale, I think I'm safe in assuming you're going to keep the car and enjoy all the hard work, time, and $$ you've sunk in to it.

Again, best of success with whatever you end up choosing.

Avus-RS6
September 15th, 2014, 18:52
It's a smaller market for RS6 with a manual and I tend to agree with Yeti that it's not realy comparable to the auto cars out there. Add a few to several grand for the manual conversion and upgrade mods and someone is bound to appreciate the time and money spent and pay more for it because they too don't care for two pedal performance cars. Look at the B5 S4 market, stage 3 cars are around double the price of stock cars when done well and enthusiasts don't even consider the tip's. Plus, you can't really even go "stage 3" on the RS6 without the trans conversion. All said, the manual RS6 is marketable to a different market than stock, younger, more engaged in their driving experience, and willing to pay for performance.

716YETI
September 15th, 2014, 19:17
I hear you screamin except for the "25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special" part. I am 45yr old and I enjoy a third pedal. :)

That being said, when the car was almost $90,000 it was an executive sedan, at less than $40,000 it is closer to becoming a 25yr old male ego car.

mik15
September 16th, 2014, 06:34
both(bigglezworth and Yetti) your points are valid, if seen through the eyes of the right buyer/person...i for one do appreciate all the hard work and money spent on the manual conversion, however i tend to appreciate more a OEM car especially when it comes to a rare bird like the RS6 C5 and i'd always prefer buying it completely stock and in a good condition, why? because i would like first to feel how the car drives and feel as original and then do any modifications.

The comparison with the B5 is not quite an adequate one, because the B5 is a different machine, more agile and lighter than the C5, therefore a manual gearbox will help it out maximizing these characteristics that it was born with it, the C5 was never meant to be a fun car in that way, it was simply designed to be a fast and luxurious cruiser with a hint of a sportiness, and that can also be fun when you're taking off so fast and still accelerating when most other cars have reached their limits, but that's it, so this is why i think a manual gearbox doesn't bring any value to the car apart from the reliability perspective, which is yet to be proven, i think is too soon to say, yes, they're much more reliable.

As for the price, it is completely irrelevant, the market for manual RS6 is only at the beginning and growing and it takes the right buyer to appreciate the mods and the new gearbox. Depends on whether he wants a piece of Audi and auto history, in which case he'd go for a stock one or easily modified or he wants what he thinks it might be a fun and fast car, in which case he will get a fast car, but the manual won't transform it in a track car or a much more fun car IMHO.

716YETI
September 16th, 2014, 13:18
You should drive mine. :) it's not just the 6 speed swap, it is all of the other mods as well. I am not saying it is a dedicated track car, it is a nice balance of performance and luxury. Although I have not taken this car to Watkins Glen it would be perfect for the 2.5 hour drive AND a day 2 romp on the track in a DE.

716YETI
September 16th, 2014, 13:21
I am going to the dealer today to see about a trade, I will probably be giving the car away since there were no offers on here.

Bdubs
September 16th, 2014, 17:22
Curious to hear what your trade offer is...

Avus-RS6
September 16th, 2014, 17:31
I'm saddened by this news.

Dmb408
September 16th, 2014, 17:50
Did you ever email me?

716YETI
September 16th, 2014, 18:28
I did email you at your AOL address. (I emailed someone's AOL address.???)

The stealership will probably offer about $14000. LOL

Bdubs
September 16th, 2014, 18:45

$14k may be generous...depends on what you're trading for. Know a local enthusiast who couldn't get his price (was asking around $18k) for his 85k mile RS6 and he took it to Carmax and got $10.5k for it...instead of offering it for a lower price. Made no sense to me, but to each his own.

Dmb408
September 16th, 2014, 19:11
Uh dont have an AOL...might want to go back and look at that PM.

716YETI
September 16th, 2014, 19:40
Sorry, that was someone else. I did add some pictures to post #24. I can take more pictures as well.

Dmb408
September 17th, 2014, 16:05
Yeti can you just email me so we can trade contact info and start talking that is more why I wanted you to send me the email before, just to get the dialog going, not necessarily the pics.

716YETI
September 17th, 2014, 18:59
Email sent :)

RS2racer
September 21st, 2014, 17:39
Don't trade it to a dealer. I work for Langan Audi in Latham NY and what a dealer will offer will just upset you. We value all trades based on Galves and Manheim results....your mods will devalue your car to about 10-11k and it will die a slow death at the auction or get beat on by a wholesaler : (

I am still interested ...

Turbowned
September 21st, 2014, 20:54
Certain cars should never, ever, ever be dealer traded... the RS6 is one of them.

RS2racer
September 22nd, 2014, 01:04

I sent you a pm just now.

716YETI
September 23rd, 2014, 01:59
Just to let everyone know who is interested in the car, the dealership still has not given me a number... probably not a good sign.
If I can't get enough money for this thing it will become my winter beater even though it has never seen snow in its first 11 years of life.

Bigglezworth
September 23rd, 2014, 02:27
Drive the car through winter. It will do just fine with a decent set of winter appropriate tires. Don't 'give it away' to a stealership. Criminal. If I was purchasing my first beast - or even my second for that matter - I would be dropping you a line. With three in hand though it's simply not something in my future at this stage. lol

716YETI
September 23rd, 2014, 16:06
The dealer won't even give me an offer. lol I was thinking a Porsche dealer may know a little bit about high performance cars but the two guys I talked to had a blank stare when I listed the modifications. In fact they had never even heard of meth injection, I had to explain how it worked. The turbo timer had them stunned as well.

716YETI
September 26th, 2014, 18:35
New price... $30,000.

716YETI
October 3rd, 2014, 02:55
Finally out of the paint shop! Now it is at my mechanic for a coolant leak. I had the car for 4 hours. Ugh.

716YETI
October 3rd, 2014, 15:02
Car looks brand new with a freshly painted bumper and brand new headlights!!!

Dmb408
October 3rd, 2014, 17:05
What is the coolant leak, i thought it was oil?

716YETI
October 3rd, 2014, 17:26
Right? Now it is coolant too, I will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

716YETI
October 6th, 2014, 22:15
So apparently even the valve cover gaskets only last 6,000 miles on these cars? Does anything last more than that on these cars? lol

716YETI
October 29th, 2014, 14:52
So I finally got the car back, that took way longer than I had hoped. Between the paint and leaks I just put another $2000 into it. The car still is not 100% perfect but I am done pouring money into this thing. It turns out one of the headlights I purchased a year ago had some internal issues so the automatic headlight leveling system won't work. I am not buying another f**king headlight, it lights up just fine. I have the old headlights if the buyer wants to Frankenstein them into working.

I will say again, after not driving for a while it is a bullet. :)

716YETI
December 10th, 2014, 16:49
The car is now in storage until spring, not that anyone cares on here. lol

ttboost
December 10th, 2014, 16:53
Who stores the worlds greatest AWD vehicle for the Winter? :incar:

716YETI
December 10th, 2014, 18:32
This guy. I think I am covered for winter conditions with the F250 and the Cayenne. :)

na1mt
December 11th, 2014, 22:37
Nice house!

fbatwork
December 12th, 2014, 06:56
Not meaning to hack on you but I'm confused - you take it to the dealer - talk about giving it away for 14K (had an offer for 22K previously that you turned down) and then say you want 30... If you are serious about selling the car then post the price. If it is too high then it will sit in storage. Which in my opinion leads to more maintenance, so drive it an enjoy. At least my car doesn't like sitting...

It looks good - sounds like it has been well maintained, priced right I am sure it will sell. Or as numerous people have said enjoy the fruits of your labor...

Turbowned
December 12th, 2014, 23:15
See, now you should be selling the F250 and the Cayenne and keeping the RS6 and the 911. At least that's what I would ideally have ;)

716YETI
December 13th, 2014, 02:09
See, now you should be selling the F250 and the Cayenne and keeping the RS6 and the 911. At least that's what I would ideally have ;)

We had 90" of snow in 5 days already this year, my driveway is 1500' long, I need the Ferd Fteenthousand with plow. :)

ttboost
December 14th, 2014, 15:35
Yeah, put the plow on the RS6.

CarbonFibre
December 24th, 2014, 08:19
I'm surprised you didn't go with european clear headlights when buying a new set.

Faraz
January 29th, 2015, 18:50
Give me a call and lets talk, I may be open to picking this up - we would have to settle on price. 312-282-9800

-Faraz

716YETI
June 15th, 2015, 21:49
New price... $22,000.00

Please, no tire kickers or asking, "How often did you change the oil"?

BuffaloRS6
June 15th, 2015, 23:43
Best of luck man. If the car is solid I think your price is right. I'm having a tough time trying to sell mine, and I'm only asking $18,500. Well sorted, all weak points addressed, and I've only had 1 serious potential buyer in 4 months. Crazy. Starting to wonder what's wrong with everybody. Haha. You're in Buffalo too, right?

RS2racer
June 15th, 2015, 23:43
sent you a PM. Very very interested. Thanks.

716YETI
June 16th, 2015, 15:13
Best of luck man. If the car is solid I think your price is right. I'm having a tough time trying to sell mine, and I'm only asking $18,500. Well sorted, all weak points addressed, and I've only had 1 serious potential buyer in 4 months. Crazy. Starting to wonder what's wrong with everybody. Haha. You're in Buffalo too, right?

Yep, near Buffalo, south towns. This is a crazy car for the money, it is weird how hard they are to sell.

sent you a PM. Very very interested. Thanks.

The headlight is new and shines just fine but the automatic leveler does not work. It was broken from the factory or whatever but it was too late to return it because I had it for a long period of time before I installed it. The leak is fixed.

I will call you.

RS2racer
June 16th, 2015, 15:31

I looked at your FS ad on QW . I think the 2 accidents makes it a tougher car to find a market for at the $18K range. It's nice that the tranny has been worked on and the car is well sorted but to give you a gauge, a guy I work with has a minty fresh 1 owner Mugello w/ SE, 51K miles, really late VIN -stunning specimen. He's at the point where he'll take the first $20K .

Yeti has priced his just right, hence my interest. I know TTBoost Mike got about as much for his swap and his car was very nice and pulled real strong when I last got a ride in it.

Either way GLWS . The RS6 is a hard car to replace. I am privilged enough thru work to drive a lot of German steel and other exotica , yet the RS6 still ranks very high on my Beast list...especially since I've added the DP's and Koni's. Now if I can figure out a way to ditch 300lbs of it's weight : )

RS2racer
June 16th, 2015, 15:31
Yep, near Buffalo, south towns. This is a crazy car for the money, it is weird how hard they are to sell.

The headlight is new and shines just fine but the automatic leveler does not work. It was broken from the factory or whatever but it was too late to return it because I had it for a long period of time before I installed it. The leak is fixed.

I will call you.

Great ! thanks.

Mike

BuffaloRS6
June 18th, 2015, 07:14
I looked at your FS ad on QW . I think the 2 accidents makes it a tougher car to find a market for at the $18K range. It's nice that the tranny has been worked on and the car is well sorted but to give you a gauge, a guy I work with has a minty fresh 1 owner Mugello w/ SE, 51K miles, really late VIN -stunning specimen. He's at the point where he'll take the first $20K .

Yeti has priced his just right, hence my interest. I know TTBoost Mike got about as much for his swap and his car was very nice and pulled real strong when I last got a ride in it.

Either way GLWS . The RS6 is a hard car to replace. I am privilged enough thru work to drive a lot of German steel and other exotica , yet the RS6 still ranks very high on my Beast list...especially since I've added the DP's and Koni's. Now if I can figure out a way to ditch 300lbs of it's weight : )

I think that both incidents being purely cosmetic and all work being done with OEM parts @ a very reputable shop would alleviate most hesitation, but I see your point. No one has even come to look at the car, just texts or phone calls, but everyone compliments it. It's a solid car for sure with all weak points addressed. I've come to grips with the fact I'll most likely be keeping her and, in my opinion, having an RS6 is much better than not having an RS6.

spoolinrs6
June 18th, 2015, 14:04
if your rs6 is worth $40,000 mine should be worth $60,000 lol

Sasha00311
June 24th, 2015, 03:57
Don't listen to the comments about the price being too steep.... I paid $32k for mine (original owner conditioned garage stored w/24k miles bone stock). Some good mods and upgrades. Assuming you get everything 100% proper I think the price is fair. Yeah so it's an 11/12 year old car, but it's not just some random car either... And it isnt some random Audi either. Can't compare it to anything else really.

The higher the prices that these cars can fetch the better for us all.

travish325
June 29th, 2015, 13:46
Pm sent.

716YETI
June 29th, 2015, 15:24
I am pretty sure it is sold although I have not seen the color of his money yet. I am naïve/trusting so I did not even ask for a payment to hold it. If the deal falls through for some reason I will post again.
Thank you.

travish325
July 21st, 2015, 20:08
sooooo????

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 15:38
The guy backed out. After weeks he finally sold his car and was ready to mine when a huge rain storm hit my area and the infamous drain got plugged. The passenger side of the car got about an inch of water in it and he apparently was told the car is worthless because the TCU got wet.

Fast forward to yesterday...

I drove the car to work and it developed a loud boost leak.

I will be driving the car into a tree this weekend. I will tell my wife to part the car out on here if I don't survive.

travish325
July 23rd, 2015, 16:00
Wait so your car got flooded or his did?

BuffaloRS6
July 23rd, 2015, 16:09
The guy backed out. After weeks he finally sold his car and was ready to mine when a huge rain storm hit my area and the infamous drain got plugged. The passenger side of the car got about an inch of water in it and he apparently was told the car is worthless because the TCU got wet Wait, I'm confused. What does a TCU have to do with a manual transmission? Some people...

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 16:15
My car got slightly "flooded".

I have no idea what the TCU has to do with a manual transmission but Steve told him it had to stay in the car. (That is way above me technically)

I am glad I never drove the car during winter in Buffalo though because we get salty water in our cars from our boots. I would imagine the car would have been worthless years ago!

travish325
July 23rd, 2015, 16:22
Ill give you $2500 cash for it ;)

BuffaloRS6
July 23rd, 2015, 16:23
Steve who? Kendrish? If so, he knows what he's talking about. But it shouldn't matter that it got wet, unless it's throwing codes now or something. I don't know. I assume the TCU isn't hooked up to anything now. Get your boost leak sorted out, and maybe replace the TCU or just have the car checked by a mechanic, but please don't wrap that work of art around a tree. That'd be sad. I sold my car about 2 weeks ago for close to what I was originally asking for. I'm sure you'll get it sold man. It's frustrating, but the market for these things isn't what people assume. Mine sat for sale for almost 5 months.

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 16:42
Yeah, he knows his shit. I think it is plugged in so it doesn't throw a code but maybe it doesn't actually do anything else. Like I said, I have no idea.

How much are TCUs? I will knock $500 off the price or whatever.

travish325
July 23rd, 2015, 16:59
Yeah, he knows his shit. I think it is plugged in so it doesn't throw a code but maybe it doesn't actually do anything else. Like I said, I have no idea.

How much are TCUs? I will knock $500 off the price or whatever.

I think a TCU is around $17,500.

BuffaloRS6
July 23rd, 2015, 17:19
That's about right in line with what a TCU would cost. $500, not $17,500. Haha. Do you have pics/video of it running at all? Dyno vid would be great.

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 17:21
I think a TCU is around $17,500.

Done deal!!!

That's about right in line with what a TCU would cost. $500, not $17,500. Haha. Do you have pics/video of it running at all? Dyno vid would be great.

No vids unfortunately. :(

SteveKen
July 23rd, 2015, 18:05
The ECU in your car is an EPL modified automatic tune that can't be modified.

Since, the car was converted before a real ECU tune was perfected, if you keep the TCU plugged in, you have no ABS or traction control. If you unplug the TCU, then you have ABS ans Traction control, but get a CEL. Or vice-versa, I can't quite remember.

It's a whack-a-mole scenario unless you remove the EPL flash and go with an AMD, Vag Autowerks or EFI Express 6MT specific tune.

The car is pre-wired to the ECU, reverse, etc., so a reflash will solve all the problems and you can immediately unplug the TCU and even remove the whole automatic transmission harness.

Dmb408
July 23rd, 2015, 18:09
This is so sad for me considering I wanted your car last year...

RS2racer
July 23rd, 2015, 20:13
The guy backed out. After weeks he finally sold his car and was ready to mine when a huge rain storm hit my area and the infamous drain got plugged. The passenger side of the car got about an inch of water in it and he apparently was told the car is worthless because the TCU got wet.

Fast forward to yesterday...

I drove the car to work and it developed a loud boost leak.

I will be driving the car into a tree this weekend. I will tell my wife to part the car out on here if I don't survive.

Mike,

Once again...I truly appreciate your honesty. It's very rare these days when it comes to selling a car . I am gutted that your car suffered this fate as it was the perfect car for me, and now I have no RS6 at all . I'm hoping some good karma goes your way ...you're a decent guy !

Mike

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 20:45
The ECU in your car is an EPL modified automatic tune that can't be modified.

Since, the car was converted before a real ECU tune was perfected, if you keep the TCU plugged in, you have no ABS or traction control. If you unplug the TCU, then you have ABS ans Traction control, but get a CEL. Or vice-versa, I can't quite remember.

It's a whack-a-mole scenario unless you remove the EPL flash and go with an AMD, Vag Autowerks or EFI Express 6MT specific tune.

The car is pre-wired to the ECU, reverse, etc., so a reflash will solve all the problems and you can immediately unplug the TCU and even remove the whole automatic transmission harness.

Thanks for the knowledge Steve!

716YETI
July 23rd, 2015, 20:52
Mike,

Once again...I truly appreciate your honesty. It's very rare these days when it comes to selling a car . I am gutted that your car suffered this fate as it was the perfect car for me, and now I have no RS6 at all . I'm hoping some good karma goes your way ...you're a decent guy !

Mike

You seem like a good guy too!

Pretty sad design really... "If the tiny drain is plugged lets design it to fill the car instead!" Why not just make a huge hole or at least make the over flow outside of the f**king interior.

GreggPDX
July 24th, 2015, 19:45
PM Sent...

travish325
July 27th, 2015, 13:21
I still want it... Just saying

716YETI
August 12th, 2015, 18:26
So I finally built up enough interest to get the car to my mechanic. It is probably the hose up front from the intercooler but I didn't even look to be honest. Hopefully he can take a look at it soon.

I guess Travis has first dibs after it is fixed.. if he is still interested. Is there anyone in the north east who is interested though? :)

Dmb408
August 12th, 2015, 19:40
Bahhh, uggghhh, if these things sold quicker, I would sell mine, even at a little lose and buy yours. But the predicate just does not happen...these cars take too long to sell even for a "fair" price. Yeti, just garage and the price of both of our calls will seemingly fall to a degree that any loss I take will be miniscule and I'll just by yours anyway.

travish325
August 12th, 2015, 22:53
So I finally built up enough interest to get the car to my mechanic. It is probably the hose up front from the intercooler but I didn't even look to be honest. Hopefully he can take a look at it soon.

I guess Travis has first dibs after it is fixed.. if he is still interested. Is there anyone in the north east who is interested though? :)

Yes I still am, as long as it is running well and doesn't have any electrical issues from the water.

Dmb408
August 19th, 2015, 16:19
Have any report from your mechanic?

LSXTC
August 19th, 2015, 22:22
I'm about as far from north east as possible, I live up in Alaska....but that said, I'm quite interested in the car and will have no problem transporting it up here. I'm interested in any update as to status of the car and condition.

JesseBoyer
September 8th, 2015, 19:13
Yeti, call me. PM coming your way with a phone number.

716YETI
September 11th, 2015, 16:57
Things have been pretty crazy lately for me but then again they are always crazy it seems. Anyway... I ordered new hoses from Audiunderground express shipping over 2 weeks ago and have seen nothing. WTF? I guess I need to call them...

716YETI
September 11th, 2015, 17:10
He just called me back, the hoses are shipping ASAP.

716YETI
September 21st, 2015, 16:50
The hoses finally just arrived UPS Ground, glad I paid for expedited shipping... 4 weeks ago :eyeroll:

ttboost
September 21st, 2015, 21:24
Imagine if you DIDN'T expedite...

716YETI
October 13th, 2015, 21:28
Boost leak is fixed.

kruat
October 24th, 2015, 04:14
This still isn't sold? What am I missing? If it wasn't across the country I'd consider it.

kruat
October 24th, 2015, 04:16
Oh your asking 40k...too much for me.

716YETI
October 26th, 2015, 15:13
$20,000.00

716YETI
February 9th, 2016, 06:31
I don't feel like starting a new thread so I will just leave this here. :-) (It was the ECS car, now its mine.) APR tune, H&R suspension module, Milltek exhaust...

716YETI
February 9th, 2016, 06:34

Erik
February 9th, 2016, 09:25
Very nice, how do you compare it to your RS6?

716YETI
February 9th, 2016, 18:09
The RS6 seems ancient compared to all of the electronic "bells and whistles" of the RS7. Performance wise it was hard to imagine a car being so much faster but it is. The exhaust in Dynamic mode is pretty funny, I can't imagine driving the car in that mode very often because much of my driving is in a small village which wouldn't appreciate all of the noises. :-)

nistah
February 10th, 2016, 02:13
Sweet ride love the color, enjoy!

716YETI
February 10th, 2016, 04:12
Thanks! It is Signal Green which is a Porsche color. It is a factory paint match, a service which Audi no longer offers so no other will ever exist. :-)

hoam skooled
March 22nd, 2016, 05:42
you ever sell the rs6? ...

716YETI
April 2nd, 2016, 18:27
Nope. Bring some cash to my house and it is yours. :) The car is still the same (awesome) I have only driven it a few miles.

716YETI
May 5th, 2016, 00:10
Sold. $10,000.00

Cmnair
May 5th, 2016, 04:15
You sold your car for $10,000?

716YETI
May 5th, 2016, 12:43
Yes. Like I said, bring some cash to my house... Cash talks, BS walks.

Cmnair
May 5th, 2016, 12:49
Wow $40k to $10k?

716YETI
May 5th, 2016, 15:11
Yeah, it cost me almost $4 per mile to drive/own that thing. :cry: I am hoping the RS7 won't be quite that bad. lol

P1054
May 5th, 2016, 20:58
Well nuts... I would have snagged that for 10k in a heartbeat, or even 15k most likely. Been lurking around looking for another RS6 and Daytona gray is my first choice.

hoam skooled
May 5th, 2016, 23:49
Yeah, it cost me almost $4 per mile to drive/own that thing. :cry: I am hoping the RS7 won't be quite that bad. lolhad to put a cheap used tranny in but my rs6 has been VERY reliable ..ive put 10k miles on since march

kruat
May 6th, 2016, 04:23
I'm sorry, did you really sell this for 10k? If so, add me to the list of people disappointed about missing this deal...

716YETI
May 6th, 2016, 12:51
There are a ton of tire kickers out there. Everyone who actually saw it and drove it said it is awesome but they kept hemming and hawing. I really don't get it, it was $20,000 not $200,000! If you have to think that hard about $20,000 maybe you really should not be buying a car like this, maybe you should go buy a Civic.

I remember a bit by Eddie Murphy where he said something like, "The shit is like luggage or herpes, once you get it you have it for life." That is how I felt about the RS6. lol

716YETI
May 6th, 2016, 12:54
When I was a teenager I paid $15,000 for an NA 944 with about 140hp. To think what this kid got for the money 25 year later... LOL

TTT747
May 6th, 2016, 22:37
So is this still for sale?

P1054
May 6th, 2016, 23:23
Dibs if it is! But no.... Look back a few posts, sold for $10k.

AndreNY
May 10th, 2016, 17:21
wow that's crazy you made the biggest mistake by selling the car here, you should have listed on E-bay im sure you would have gotten $15k+ all day long

BuffaloRS6
June 10th, 2016, 01:39
Wow. I live in Buffalo too. Had I known $10k would've done the job, I would've been at your doorstep months ago. Personally, I wouldn't have let it go for less than $15k, but to each their own. Besides, you've got an RS7 to help you through the postpartum depression that usually follows after you sell an RS6. I bet that thing is nasty.

hoam skooled
October 1st, 2016, 20:41
While I don't disagree with your points, many others will. The majority of owners (as confirmed with numerous posts on numerous threads), prefer the auto. This car isn't a 25yr old male ego trip and a Friday night drag special, but entirely the opposite as a refined luxury sport that you take your wife in and go on road trips with. Many (if not most) owners don't desire sitting in traffic with a worn out left leg simply to experience 'fun' as you put it. The plethora of OEM tranny's have already failed - no dispute. They have since all been replaced with a different tranny with different build specs and different TQ. In being on this forum and a couple of others, I can count only one instance whereupon the replaced unit failed a second time. Yes it costs $6-8K to replace a tranny (irrespective of whether it's 5Tip or 6MT), and doing so is just a cost of being the person who first had the tranny fail.

As for suspensions - yes it costs to replace the illfated DRC if you so choose. Suspensions can be altered for as little as $500-$600 skins which is cheaper than the price of maintaining the front brakes. Bottomline I remain of opinion that whether you have a 5Tip or a 6MT though, you don't end up with a vehicle that appreciates in value due to 'the weakest link' being changed and other upgrades that the next person in line to buy might not share your same personal taste. Only you as a seller will be able to determine if this is in fact the case. Given that you are still trying to sell your car for a price that exceeds the 45+ cars out there currently for sale, I think I'm safe in assuming you're going to keep the car and enjoy all the hard work, time, and $$ you've sunk in to it.

Again, best of success with whatever you end up choosing.

i paid 12.900 for mine 7 months ago with 98k miles on it and have put 34k miles on it in that short time.. when i bought it i got burned on a slipping trans that didnt present itself till it was driven 50-100 miles ..drove it that way for 5k miles until i finally found a cheap high mile used trans and i bought a level 10 TC ..the whole parts n labor set me back 3000.00 ..was well over 20k miles ago and it still works like a new car.. i have 133k on the clock now and it runs/drives like 30k ..recently bought a 6spd manual 2.7 A6 sport pkg for a winter car and future trans donor for 1900 bux... but i'm really enjoying that little 2.7 manual , so i'm in no hurry to get my swap on ..but it gives me an idea of just how fun my RS will be with that trans in it :)..

i have the stock DRC that was updated before i got it..also the turbos were rebuilt along with receipts for 25k worth of work done to it 1400 miles before i bought it , was a one owner car and i guess his aftermarket warranty was expring and he had the dealership do EVERYTHING including the timing and vaklve covers , brakes..etc ...the only issue i have had with the car other than the trans is a CEL that keeps coming on for the SAI that i keep clearing every 2k miles or so with my 6 dollar ebay blue tooth OBD and my free phone ap..lol.. been a great car and i dont mind the auto , i like having the manual A6 around for a change of pace , though my future does have the swap in its sights .

.i'm looking for a cheap stage 1 tune for it now.. just had a "free" tune put on my 2.7 winter beater a couple days ago ,with launch control when i hold the clutch in too , pretty cool ..lol (i'm easily amused)