PDA

View Full Version : DRC Leaking

BigMac
June 9th, 2014, 15:26
Hello,

I recently purchased a RS6 (Avus). I have been reading the forums for quite awhile and will be looking into the Billstien coil overs as a replacement. Can anyone comment on the ride I should expect? I am looking for sporty nut not rigid and tough. This care is truly fun to drive. Also, Is anyone here located in the Detroit Metro area?

Thank you for your time.

03 RS6 (Avus, Sport exhaust)
01 S4 (Nogaro Stage 3)
06 Land Rover LR3 (Wifey)

Dmb408
June 9th, 2014, 16:52
Even with DRC, the ride is not smooth. Go back and read that original car and driver or automobile mag review (I think Automobile Mag in '02) and it pretty much hits the suspension spot on (and the brake pedal for that matter). I am in Metro Detroit.

BigMac
June 9th, 2014, 19:34
Even with DRC, the ride is not smooth. Go back and read that original car and driver or automobile mag review (I think Automobile Mag in '02) and it pretty much hits the suspension spot on (and the brake pedal for that matter). I am in Metro Detroit.

Where in the D are you located? I would like to compare this car to another. I could meet up and take a look, I am located in Bloomfield and work in Southfield.

4everRS
June 9th, 2014, 20:54
H&r sport coilover.

Corbett
June 9th, 2014, 22:26
Where in the D are you located? I would like to compare this car to another. I could meet up and take a look, I am located in Bloomfield and work in Southfield.

Im in Detroit and selling my kw v3s with maybe 5,000 miles on them. Pm me and I'll give u my phone number.

FlyWFO
June 10th, 2014, 03:41
I'm mulling over replacing my DRC with coil-overs as well, but not because they're leaking; in fact, you may be able to have the dealer repair/replace the leaking DRC gratis... my dealer went to bat and got the job paid for by Audi -- and that was around 140k miles.

My struts are actually worn; they're scalloping my tires and I have to do something. Yes the DRC is on the harsh side, but (and I know this isn't a direct comparison) when I put bilstein/H&R on my S6 wagon, I had to sell it because it was too much for a daily driver that dealt with Philly road surfaces. I don't expect coil-overs to be any better, but am hoping someone has experience in this situation...?

Dave in DE

mik15
June 10th, 2014, 06:25
read this first: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23946-Completed-DIY-DRC-removal-swap-with-Koni-Yellow-Sports

hahnmgh63
June 10th, 2014, 10:14
I'd go for a good set of KW V3's if they are available. Not sure if the KW warranty will go to the second buyer though.. I'm going almost 5yrs on my KW's and they are perfect.

mik15
June 10th, 2014, 10:26
it doesn't get transferred, it is only valid for the 1st owner. Still, the Konis seem to be a very good alternative for a decent daily drive.

Aronis
June 30th, 2014, 00:17
I'd go for a good set of KW V3's if they are available. Not sure if the KW warranty will go to the second buyer though.. I'm going almost 5yrs on my KW's and they are perfect.

Second on the KWs.

lswing
June 30th, 2014, 02:51
Koni yellow sport struts, use your stock springs, nice height and cheap. Firm ride, not jarring, and that's on soft setting...

DHall1
June 30th, 2014, 05:23
1200 all in for H@R coilover kit

Search my install thread.

Ride is excellent and I have K/W V3 on the other car....but 2x the price

H&r sport coilover.

FlyWFO
July 11th, 2014, 03:21
What becomes of the DRC crap (accumulators, lines, fluid, etc) when converting to KW?

lswing
July 11th, 2014, 03:45
What becomes of the DRC crap (accumulators, lines, fluid, etc) when converting to KW?

Weight reduction, full trash can...