PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tires & Wheels

avanti
January 24th, 2004, 22:17
I went with the Dunlop 255/40/18 SP Wintersport M3 mounted on 18" replica RS6 wheels. No problems with fit or rubbing. I thought you might enjoy the picture.

highrustler
January 24th, 2004, 22:46
where did you find the tires? I thought the M3's were sold out in our size until next fall. At least thats what the Tire Rack told me. I'd like to buy a set.

James

avanti
January 25th, 2004, 00:04
I was told the same thing when I contact Tire Rack last November about purchasing the M3's. I then contacted my local Goodyear dealer who handles Dunlop. He made a few phone calls and was told another shippment would be arriving in the US some time in December. He assured me they would be coming, so I order a set. They actually arrived at my local dealer around January 12th. Not sure if my dealer ordered more then 1 set, or if they restocked their inventory. With the arrival of this new shipment, it would seem like there should be some M3's somewhere around the country. Good Luck!

highrustler
January 25th, 2004, 00:08
could I call your dealer?

avanti
January 25th, 2004, 00:27
Call Graham Tire Company and ask for Randy Wilson (605)339-3334. If Randy can not help you, have him check with the person who placed the order for me (John Line). I am sorry, I do not know his name. Randy is the manager, so I so sure he will be able to assist you.

highrustler
January 25th, 2004, 15:33
will do, thanks!

Erik
January 25th, 2004, 17:44
That's a nice clean RS6.

If you like e-mail me more larger pics. :0:

Aronis
January 26th, 2004, 19:08
How do the Dunlop 255/40/18 SP Wintersport M3 s compair to Pereli Snowsport 240s?

Mike

avanti
January 26th, 2004, 19:50
Not sure, I would check with Tire Rack.

highrustler
January 26th, 2004, 22:27
The M3 is said to be the best high performance snow tire. Tire Rack confirms this as do customers who have bought them. Somewhere on their site is a rating by tire and the M3 won. It's also the tire Audi choose for their snow wheel combo.

James

Aronis
January 27th, 2004, 13:03
I bought Winter Snowsports from tire rack, but they were all out of 225s. The 235 end up with the wrong ratio for fitment. So I have 255s, same as the stock width.

Snow performance has been great. Certainly a little more slippery than the 225s I had on my A6 4.2, but I have not had any problems with the width.l

Dry road performace is actually pretty good! I have not had the chance to drive my RS 6 with summer tires, I drove it home from my office after it was dropped off in a snow storm with the summer tires on, that was hairy but I got home, and quickly put on the snows!

Finally got a chance to drive on dry roads this past weekend, and the car simply ignores any frost heaves! No loss of steering feal, no corrections needed, very nice handling..can't wait to change the tires back!

Mike