PDA

View Full Version : Hot and Cold Performance and in the Rain

avdh
January 23rd, 2004, 16:26
Since I have the RS6 until about a week ago, we had very hot weater (32 to 40 Degree C - 90 to 104 F), we had just over a week of cooler wheather and rain.

I am amazed at the difference in performance, between cool and hot ambient temperature.
Maybe I should emigrate to a cold country :) as being at 1750m (5250ft) elevation, the air being thinner, the cooling is even worse with hot weather.

and in the rain, the handling is sublime. I would have thought that with so much power the RS6 would a least twich a little, but no, it like four claws on the tarmac.

I am also very surprised by the Dunlop SP9000RS. They are excellent in the rain as well. I wonder why there are not better rated by the magazines?
Having has SP9000's before on a Ferrari, I think there might be a difference between the 9000RS and the non RS. Anyone know about anything about that?

nene
January 23rd, 2004, 18:45
The only difference in performance I've noticed is mostly exhaust sound. In the cold weather, my beast has been a bit louder on 'harder' runs. Maybe it's just me imagining things.