PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to take the bumper off??????

audirs6sport
January 22nd, 2004, 03:43
anyone know how to remove the bumper??? i need immediate assistance!!!!:addict:

JAXRS6
January 22nd, 2004, 06:33
Why not call the nearest dealer, or the 800 number for 24-hour roadside assistance (i.e. a flatbed tow)? If you try it yourself, it's likely to be difficult, require special tools, and might void your warranty (or parts of it) if something goes wrong.

Removing the front bumper seems to be required for most engine work, for whatever that's worth, and of course I don't know what your situation is. But I'd guess that if it's a real emergency and you're in the US, you'd call 911.

Erik
January 22nd, 2004, 08:17
Did you check the pdf in the members only section?

audirs6sport
January 25th, 2004, 03:55
nope, wasn't aware of it. do u have a link to it? :addict:

Erik
January 25th, 2004, 10:40
Originally posted by audirs6sport
nope, wasn't aware of it. do u have a link to it? :addict:

Check the members only section from here http://www.rs6.com/forum/index.php?s=

audirs6sport
January 25th, 2004, 12:14
hmm, i can't read any of this, it's in german..... do u happen to have a translated version of this or so? or least can u point out where it shows how to take the bumper off? I need to take my headlight housing out. Thx

Erik
January 25th, 2004, 12:21
Originally posted by audirs6sport
hmm, i can't read any of this, it's in german..... do u happen to have a translated version of this or so? or least can u point out where it shows how to take the bumper off? I need to take my headlight housing out. Thx

Sorry...no translation services available from me.
Unless it's English - Swedish :p

audirs6sport
January 25th, 2004, 22:26
any other source on how to take this bumper off? i need to take the headlight out badly, i can't stand the amber reflector and the reflective headlight housing.

nene
March 20th, 2004, 05:14
Sorry it took long, but I think the Tech Article on AW might be useful.

Clear Corner Mod with Bumper Removal Instructions (http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext44.shtml)