PDA

View Full Version : Lemon laws

JAXRS6
January 21st, 2004, 17:31
I just learned a little about lemon laws in a couple of states, thought I'd share it here & encourage others to share what they may know about lemon laws in their states. Basic info on this comes in a booklet with each new US RS6, with a page devoted to each state in the booklet.

I bought my RS6 in MICHIGAN, so that's where I would start if I had a case (and I may still -- won't know for sure til I get my beast back). My attorney there described two criteria that can justify a lemon suit: 1) the car has been serviced four or more times for the same problem, or 2) the car has been disabled for more than 30 days (or maybe it's at least 30 days, which is virtually the same).

In FLORIDA, the aforementioned booklet that comes with the RS6 did not specifically mention a lemon law -- but when I mentioned the possibility of doing something in Michigan, the FL assistant service manager said Florida has a lemon law too!

Can anyone clarify re FL? Also please share experiences/knowledge from other states. Or countries, which raises another question: Are there lemon laws outside the US?

sturs6
January 22nd, 2004, 17:17
I had a lemon law experiance when I lived in Louisiana. I had a mustang conv. (problem number one IMOP) but the roof leaked and after the third top replacing and adjustment I filed for the lemon law and FORD offered me anyother car that they manufactored. I ended up with a Saleen out of the deal but anyway...
That is my brief on lemons.
-Stuart