PDA

View Full Version : Improved A6

nyrs6
January 20th, 2004, 23:35
I just read the 2004 Audi brochure and it said new for 2004 Audi A6 S-Line which comes as a package on the A6 now the package includes 18" RS6 Wheels and RS6 spoiler and its 250 HP 2.7t whent up to 265 and also more tourqe i think. And also a S-Line badge on the sides of the cars which look nice. I guess the reason is they want to sell some A6s before they bring the new one. Its going too be harder to tell the A6 from the RS6 now. Im not shure if they tweeked the suspension or not.

Finnus
January 21st, 2004, 12:47
the package includes 18" RS6 Wheels and RS6 spoiler and its 250 HP 2.7t

So to the uninformed, the car will look like an RS6. Audi really knows how to undercut the exclusivity of the Beast... What are they thinking?

Sounds like a big step backward on the S-6. Why didn't they at least put the normally apirated 4.2L V8 in the S-6? Isn't that what was in the prio S-6?

Finnus

:addict:

TheBrit
January 21st, 2004, 15:27
I don't think it will look that much like an RS 6, won't sit as low and won't have the side mouldings or bumpers.

The S-line A6 isn't the same thing as an S6! The S6 still exists. S-Line is a range of "sport" modifications to existing ranges to give them a mid-life kicker. Obviously, the aim is to prop up A6 sales in the face of the new A6's imminent arrival.

The 265bhp ECU code already existed as well - the Euro B5 S4 was always 265bhp instead of the 250bhp version in the US.

Finnus
January 21st, 2004, 16:38
he S-line A6 isn't the same thing as an S6!

Thanks for the clarification. I had never heard of the "S-Line" before.

I still think however that sharing visual cues from the RS6 weekens the "exclusivity" of the model. Remember, the uninformed and semi-informed make up about 99.9+% of the population.

Finnus

:addict:

Audihead
January 21st, 2004, 19:51
Guys, I posted about that about a month ago on the VAG part of the forum, (new A6 for '04). If you goto www.audiusa.com they have the info, that's where I got it from. They also showed a 3.2TT S-Line at the Detroit Auto Show. I snapped pics of them all, working on posting them.

:s4addict:-Bimmerhead