PDA

View Full Version : Hot Weather Option 'ON' during Winter?

nene
January 20th, 2004, 18:23
Usually I park the car at my work's lot in a direction where the Sun is shining almost totally on the rear window.

Today I did the same. But since I had just recently tinted my windows, I figured I'd choose to park the car with the Sun facing the front windshield, in attempts to give both sides of the car enough Sun exposure.

Well, to my surprise, while the car is turned off, the fan used to circulate the air inside the car that usually comes on when it's hot outside, came on when now is something like 25 degrees Fhrt.
How weird is that? The Hot Climate option, which is the Solar Sunroof, is enabling the in-car air circulation (cold air mind you), while it's freezing outside.

File this one under 'unexplicable buggy feature'!!!
Since I don't see this happen that often, I'll just let it slide. Love the little ways this car keeps exciting me.

JP4
January 21st, 2004, 17:58
To the best of my knowledge the solar powered fans are activated strictly as a function of enough sunlight on the roof panels and have nothing to do with the outside or inside air temperature.

nene
January 21st, 2004, 18:11
After my non-scientific tests I had come to an identical conclusion.
I guess what I was puzzled about is why they call it 'Hot Climate Weather Package' when they are trying to sell that option?

Even during Winter months we still see enough sun light. Thus not so a good idea to circulate cold air when it's 0 (zero) degrees outside.

RS6FEVR
January 22nd, 2004, 17:56
:cheers: nene

Boy, you're absolutely right about this one! :bang: :bang: Here in Chicago I also had an incredibly rare sunny day recently when the beast was parked outside and got in at lunch to a very, very coooool breeze blowing on me :( :( . I love this feature while I'm in Arizona, but when it's 11 f here in Chicago, I'd definitely prefer it not to be on. It's one of those weird side effects of the beasts options, which for the most part, I have found very well thought out.

I have one other which is kind of a conundrum in the operating features department. The power seat memory control buttons have a weird function that allows a "one touch" seat adjustment only when the door is open and the key is not turned on (it can be in the ignition) :confused: In my car, if you park, ignition off or remove the key, door still closed, you must hold one of the seat memory buttons continuously through the cycle in order to get where the seat is programmed; a one button touch will move seat only as long as the button is depressed. If you do the above procedure and keep the door open, you can use a "one touch" to the memory button and the seat moves fully to that position. What's the thought behind that feature? I have my seat buttons set so that #3 is a get out/in position, i.e., the seat is mostly back, wheel up and in. I hate having to get in the car in the morning and remember to press the seat memory button absolutely first, before the door is closed, in order to enjoy a "one button touch" seat reposition. You can close the door after the press, but not turn the key. If I start the car in the middle of the repositioning, the seat stops it's movement and I'll have to hold the button down to complete the process. This seems weird to my anal/fanatic mind.
Minor rant, and like you, the other features supplant these shortcomings! :D :D

:addict: FEVR :addict: