PDA

View Full Version : s4 engine head problems

dgs4
January 20th, 2004, 15:15
.....this may be another 'story'....but Audi Australia 'unofficially' has told my local dealer that the delay for the s4 in this country is based on engine problems. apparently 1 in 5 S4's have 'head' problems, and they are seeking another manufacturer to make them??!!, this is not to say that current S4 owners will have any problems, this is based on quality checks on the assembley line and is detected during the usual test runs and checks, before they are approved for shipment.

Julz RS4
January 28th, 2004, 20:27
I have a friend who works at Audi dealership in Montréal and he told me that on the 5 first new Audi S4 received, 4 had compression problems in the cylinders. It's very sad, because I like the Audi S4. :s4addict:

Julian Yang
February 14th, 2004, 15:34
Eric,
Did you know that AUDI S4 manual and TIP have had some technical problems on engine and transmission for those have been produced late last year model(from 2003 NOV to DEC)?
'Cause my dealer in Germany just send me an E-mail says AUDI have finally solved out those technical problems and now just started producing in the line:D
I just heard that mine is started producing on 10th FEB and will be out of the line on 14th FEB,:s4addict:
I can't no longer wait to see my future little monster...