PDA

View Full Version : 02' A6 4.2...

Kwattro
January 20th, 2004, 04:25
New user, hope the pic displays. I have an 02' 4.2 with 19k mi. I have the following mods:
Oettinger 19" RZ/powder coated gray/8mm spacers
Oettinger catback exhaust/trunk badge
LLtek air intake/fog lamp covers
S6 grilles
RS6 spoiler
GIAC ecu/tip
H&R springs-coilovers soon
Stoptech big brake kit/Red
XM radio
Gray trunk rings (smaller rings from 1990 Audi 90)
35% tint

Erik
January 20th, 2004, 10:07
Hi and welcome! :cheers:

nene
January 20th, 2004, 15:00
Congrats and welcome.

Now ... how about some pix?

Kwattro
January 22nd, 2004, 08:11
Will post a couple pics when I resize the photos.

Finnus
January 22nd, 2004, 14:03
Kwattro,

Welcome to RS6-land! I'm looking forward to pics of your beast.

Finnus

:addict:

Kwattro
January 23rd, 2004, 05:37
A pic of the ride.

Kwattro
January 23rd, 2004, 05:41
Sorry about the photo size.

Kwattro
January 23rd, 2004, 06:09
I wish this was my beater car.

JP4
January 23rd, 2004, 15:44
Hey Kwattro...where did you get the body colored plugs to put in the license plate holder holes on the front bumper? I saw a source several months ago and can't find it again.

Any info would be helpful.

JP4 :addict:

Originally posted by Kwattro
A pic of the ride.

Kwattro
January 24th, 2004, 06:50
The colored plugs are lack of color plugs. They are white screw covers for, you guessed, screws. I luck out because my car is white, a perfect match. I paid $1.85 for about a hundred of them. I used industrial 3m two way tape to secure them. Depending on the color of your car, you can cheat. The bumper plugs you buy (the ones I think you are referring to) are for Porsche's and are bulky. If you paint the screw covers they will work, but you almost have to have a white or black car.

JP4
January 24th, 2004, 06:58
Interesting....I'll have to look into that solution. It obviously worked very well for you.

Thanks for the info.

JP4

Originally posted by Kwattro
The colored plugs are lack of color plugs. They are white screw covers for, you guessed, screws. I luck out because my car is white, a perfect match. I paid $1.85 for about a hundred of them. I used industrial 3m two way tape to secure them. Depending on the color of your car, you can cheat. The bumper plugs you buy (the ones I think you are referring to) are for Porsche's and are bulky. If you paint the screw covers they will work, but you almost have to have a white or black car.

Co\\'boy
January 24th, 2004, 08:53
:0: :0: Very nice car man :0: :0:

If you look at the difference in choice of colour here in Europe and the U.S. . Then it seems to me that "white" is a common choice. Europe is more into dark colours:) Don't get me wrong, it is a cool colour and especially when your car is as clean as yours.

A very nice Ingolstadter :bigeyes:

:cheers:

Erik
January 24th, 2004, 14:30
Very nice! I like black + white!

urquattro83
January 24th, 2004, 16:31
Welkom,

Beautifull car, I haven't seen a A6 in white before. But with this sporty look it looks very good.

Audi Advocate
January 26th, 2004, 20:58
Why discolour the 4 rings?

That's kinda the same as the yoke in the States seen covering his VW logo on the Phaeton.

Gotta love the brand.

:race:

Kwattro
January 27th, 2004, 06:03
All the rings are gray. With a white car, chrome is not that appealing. luxury/Sport cars and chrome trim usually do not go hand in hand. I have black trim around the windows now and RS6 mirrors, looks nice. You can see the rings better in person. They have depth that the photo does not replicate. I also have matching rings on the rear which stand out better than chrome on a white background.